The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

OMP WRC - XL?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MD
I've been to a local race shop to sit in about a dozen seats and crossed off my first two choices, the OMP ARS and Recaro Pole Position. These were my first choices due to the lower side bolster for entry/exit of the car but I couldn't stay comfortable in them. The OMP WRC seats fit well but snug. I like the XL fit but they're XL and I'm not. The car isn't a daily driver anymore but does get driven to work, occasional weekends, and to the track so I was hoping others with fixed back seats could chime in; did/would you opt for a bigger seat for some wiggle room off track and if so, were there any regrets on track with movement in the seat? Is adding more seat cushion to fill the gap on track a viable option?

At 5'9" and ~180lbs I'm not the target for the WRC XL but wondering if the trade off (vs WRC-R) will make non-track driving a little more comfortable. The car sees track time every month from March to November and there's a track ~4hrs away (VIR) that I'd like to keep driving to but don't want to hate the drive due to the seat.

Lastly, the wings on the WRC-XL are wider and the tape measure seems to indicate they "may" fit but has anyone with full door cards and center console installed 2 WRC-XL seats with the driver's seat centered on the steering wheel? The car is a 2015 mustang GT. Thanks.

MD
Thanks for the reply, forgot about this post. Circling back. Finally installed them a week ago. OMP WRC-XL with OMP sliders and Planted seat brackets and mounts. Still need to remove the seat belts and add an RSD.

They fit but with the passenger seat wing slightly touches the door panel and the sliders cannot move to the full forward position due to the thigh bolster contacting the center console. The driver's side does not touch the door panel but it's thigh bolster contacts the center console earlier due to being slightly closer to the center console. Both seats are mounted as far left as possible on the seat brackets. The seats can move further forward with removal of a lower trim piece, the one with the magnet. You can see the piece removed in the bottom left portion of the pic. 5'9"/30" inseam and I can sit forward enough to be comfortable without needing to remove the panel.

49691534188_83688b21a9_z.jpg S550 WRC-XL by MikeD, on Flickr

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel