The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

On quest to get a 2013 Boss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheMarco said:
joecatch said:
UPDATE=

Well, I am super bum'ed out. I can't believe this dealer I went to today! He says he is the biggest Mustang dealer in Orange County. But not only did he insist on a $5k markup over MSRP on a 2013 Boss but he was only willing to give me $19k in trade on my GT. Both Edmunds and KBB listed trade-in value of $22-23k. So I told him thank you and left. So my quest continues...

Joe C

Problem is being in CA I guess. Too many folks with too much money. I thank the High Lords of torque and acceleration every day that I went in FAST and grabbed my Boss when I still could. My wife telling me 'Do it! Don't wait!' helped too. My dealer is the only one in the wide area that I know that would sell at MSRP. And unfortunately they don't have any more allocation.

Good luck man, if I hear anything here in the area I will let you know!

Hey, I am sorry but I meant Orange County, NY, like the Newburgh area. I guess there are alot of Orange Countys in this country!

Joe C.

joecatch said:
Hey, I am sorry but I meant Orange County, NY, like the Newburgh area. I guess there are alot of Orange Countys in this country!

Joe C.

Oh haha! Well I hope for you it's better out there than in CA. I had already completely given up on having a Boss when my dealer told me they were selling them at MSRP during a chat about buying a regular GT.

From what I am hearing on the forums I don't think many Boss owners are paying over MSRP anymore.. Most are getting for MSRP and some lucky few are able to get it lower than MSRP.

Do be afraid to tell the dealer to "Stick It" if they won't budge, after all there are still quite a few 2012 BOSS 302's that have never made it off the showroom floor yet thanks to ADM, and now dealers are crying about selling them.

A dealer close to me is asking 5K over for a 13 GHIG, I told them "Good Luck". They were confident it would sell before it got to the dealership, I said "Well, there are idiots born everyday I guess"...

I don't care if its a Lambo with a free Beverly Hills HOOKER inside, I will not pay more than MSRP, especially knowing that even at MSRP the dealer is making roughly 4K just from the INVOICE...

These dealers are pulling the same crap the Gas Mogils do, someone farts in the Middle East and gas prices go up 30 cents/gal. Not because there is a REAL reason, or their cost to make it is more, but because they know we will pay it if we can. Ford holds up production on the BOSS for some small issues and now the dealers are saying "Supply and Demand"...

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
Let's not beat up the dealers too bad. Many of them, especially Ford, GM and Chrysler, sell most of their cars at invoice or sometimes $100 over invoice and they do get money back (usually 2% of the options) at the end of the year. This is a rare opportunity for Ford dealers to make a little extra (the last time was when Ford produced the Ford GT in 2005 and 2006) and these cars are very limited. Some get 1 or 2 and others get none. Some might put an ADM on it for a while to see if they can snag someone who really wants it, but it also is an attraction on any showroom floor and will draw people and sell other lower priced Mustangs. I paid MSRP for mine and the dealer invoice shows their cost about $2800 below the MSRP. Also, no one beat up the Shane for selling the #1 2012 at 2X of what he paid for it and I think his dealer sold it to him for MSRP. Why didn't he sell it for what he paid? Because he had something that somebody wanted and was will in the pay the price for it. This is great American Capitalism at its finest. Now, some salespeople will be smug and toy with customers and turn people off and others will sell at MSRP or below and be fair and gain a customer for life who will be an advertisement for their dealership that will pay off many times what an ADM will get them versus the 10 people who get turned off and tell everybody what a terrible dealer they are. Those dealers that build their customer base in a positive way get it and will be successful in the future and will have people on this board singing their praises.

Brian

P.S. These cars are just hitting the streets. They hype will die down in a couple months and many will sell at MSRP. Good luck in your search. You will get one soon.

I don't think Dealers are bad people, and I think they do need to make money on a sale of the car. The question is how much do they need to make?

I agree that most dealers won't charge ADM simply because they are focused on the larger picture of customer service and gaining trust and thus more business over time from their customers.

Others are simply out to get as much money as they can regardless of the incentives they automatically receive.

Other dealers just want to sell the car, and after its sold their "Job" is done. Then everything else after the sale falls on the parts/service department.

I guess the bottom line on the quest, is shop around... be vigilant, be firm, and keep your eye on the prize.

rpm3dinc said:
I don't think Dealers are bad people, and I think they do need to make money on a sale of the car. The question is how much do they need to make?

I agree that most dealers won't charge ADM simply because they are focused on the larger picture of customer service and gaining trust and thus more business over time from their customers.

Others are simply out to get as much money as they can regardless of the incentives they automatically receive.

Other dealers just want to sell the car, and after its sold their "Job" is done. Then everything else after the sale falls on the parts/service department.

I guess the bottom line on the quest, is shop around... be vigilant, be firm, and keep your eye on the prize.

I told the sales man I thought $5k was pure greed and unfair and he just shugged it off. At one point he said would I agree to meet him 1/2 way and pay $2,500 and I said no. He knew I was not from that town and maybe figured once he sold the car I wouldn't come back so he didn't think I was going to be a long term customer.

It is ok. It gives me more time to fix up some more that 1978 Z28 that I would have to sell in order to buy the Boss. And it looks like I need to sell the GT outright as no dealer so far is willing to give me what the net says it is worth on a trade.

Joe C

you really need to look at auction values for your GT not kbb and the other one. dealers live and die by current auction values.

Jeff said:
you really need to look at auction values for your GT not kbb and the other one. dealers live and die by current auction values.

I agree with this 100%. Dealers here do not care what KBB or the black book says. They go by what they can get at auction.

I checked some auction web sites but you have to be a dealer to access them but I did find a site call Intelliprice and they had a "black book" price and my GT came in between $18-$22k so the dealer's offer of $19.5k was right in the middle. Now that I have a more realistic trade-in value, I can use it to determine where I need to be. Thanks!

Joe C.

TMO Supporting Vendors