The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

on the verge of buying, but struggling with....color!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey all, I have been lurking for quite some time while lining up the purchase of a 13 Boss. To that end, I have identified dealers in my local area with Grabber Blue, School Bus Yellow, and Performance White in stock. I am seriously torn between all three. Ill be honest...I do not love any of them but I definitely like all 3. My gut says grabber blue (every other car/truck I have owned has been blue or black), but I love how SBY screams performance, and how the white is as close to a sleeper color as you can get with these cars. Each has distinct advantages to me. I was hoping you all my provide insight into what you do and dont like about your specific color and give any other guidance you have.

I greatly appreciate it and look forward to officially joining this community SOON!

Thanks!

Pros and cons for each: SBY is a bold look, stands out...also pays tribute to the PJ Bosses of 1970, so there is some historic value. Cons, its a love it or hate it color. Its also probably the most common color among 2013 bosses so not unique. The Blue is a very eye catching color but not in your face like SBY. Not seen as much as SBY so definitely more rare. Cons, nay not stand out from "base" model mustangs in a crowd. White...doesn't show scratches, probably the rarest of the boss colors. Cons...its white, kind of bland and won't stand out IMHO. Either way you go, its a Boss. You can't go wrong!

i have white.

if i could do it over again i'd to grabber blue. then do orange wheels and maybe even orange boss stripes for my very own gulf livery (sort of edition).

They're all good. I chose SBY for the following reasons:

1. History of the color on the Boss -'70 Trans Am series championship with PJ.
2. Unique color to the Boss.
3. Although not common, yellow is a color that stands the test of time, especially on performance cars.
4. A light color that isn't as tough to keep looking good (I live where it rains often). My last car was a dark color a PIA.

I agree that PW is as close to a sleeper color as you will find bit I think the stripes sort of give it away. :)

Bay Area
I have a PW boss. I love the fact that its a sleeper but at teh same time everybody notices it. COn when youre dooing 130 down the freeway there are a lot of other white cars to blend in with. SBY is my favvie, con- cops alwasy see you. GB - cool color but its just not my thing. Go with your gut and get what you like.

i knew there was something similar at sema. a boss with boss stripes could be wicked.

01-bojix-design-2013-mustang-sema.jpg

Jeff said:
i have white.

if i could do it over again i'd to grabber blue. then do orange wheels and maybe even orange boss stripes for my very own gulf livery (sort of edition).

This, wish I could get mine in that color.

to be honest, i was leaning towards grabber blue, as a happy medium, but i love all the responses! Thanks.

i checked out the registry, but since all bosses have at least been ordered at this point, is there a break down of the #s of every color produced? That would be very interesting to me.

Vermont
stunya said:
to be honest, i was leaning towards grabber blue, as a happy medium, but i love all the responses! Thanks.

i checked out the registry, but since all bosses have at least been ordered at this point, is there a break down of the #s of every color produced? That would be very interesting to me.

This should answer your question on breakdown of colors for the 2013's.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=2342.0

7013Boss said:
This should answer your question on breakdown of colors for the 2013's.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=2342.0

exactly what i was looking for, missed it on the registry page as it the numbers didnt load right at first. once i refreshed everything came up. Awesome data...thank you.

TMO Supporting Vendors