The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

On track insurance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bay Area
From my personal experience with USAA with my street bikes on the track, what I would do it tell them that I was at a drivers improvement course and they would cover me. And they did. You might want to check with your insurance company and see what they say.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
byronj said:
From my personal experience with USAA with my street bikes on the track, what I would do it tell them that I was at a drivers improvement course and they would cover me. And they did. You might want to check with your insurance company and see what they say.

The E in HPDE is for education so why not ;)

byronj said:

That doesn't work anymore with any insurance company that I know of. USAA sent me a nice rider about 10 years ago with an exclusion for track stuff, and they didn't even know I was doing it!

There are companies that write track policies. Agreed value. Price varies depending on track.

Senderofan

Having more fun than should be allowed..in my Boss
I've used HPDE insurance from Lockton. Purchased coverage for a couple dates this year. Everything was done online....and the policy was granted immediately. I have USAA insurance and my wife checked with them after my first track event. And it turns out I was not covered while I was on the track at all.

Good luck.....I think an HPDE policy is worth the peace of mind!

Wayne

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Senderofan said:
I've used HPDE insurance from Lockton. Purchased coverage for a couple dates this year. Everything was done online....and the policy was granted immediately. I have USAA insurance and my wife checked with them after my first track event. And it turns out I was not covered while I was on the track at all.

Good luck.....I think an HPDE policy is worth the peace of mind!

Wayne

+1, used them a couple times when doing HPDE. Easy to sign up; never filed a claim, however.

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
I've been looking into this as well for next year - not particularly cheap, but its excellent peace of mind and they do coverage by event, so even a 3 day event is covered at the same cost as a 1 day event. makes it easier to deal with the cost in my opinion

Not aware of other companies that offer track insurance. Can get a quick quote online if you're curious about pricing.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
One problem I had with Insurance last rtrack day.

Weather was threatening so I waited unitl the AM, 3:00 to be exact to purchase insurance.

You cannot purchase insurance the day of the event regardless what time. Computer will not accept.

TMO Supporting Vendors