The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

One Lap of America Testing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I thought I had linked you to some of my laps at RR in a previous post. Guess not.... Anyways here is one that traqmate put up when they were at a track day there.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfajJe03oZQ[/youtube]

adam81 said:
Thanks Peter. Way to take one for the team. I am very interested to hear your results with the clutch change. You may want to call Paul Brown at Tiger Racing or Dean Martin at Rehagen. These would be my two go-to-guys if I were in your shoes.... The 302s comes with the MT-82 trans. They have lots of testing and data on it....

Adam, everything I have read says that the 302S come with the Tremec in the GT500. I am just curious if everything I have read is incorrect.

And Peter, thanks for being the clutch guinea pig. I to think this where the high RPM shifting issues are coming from.

bolecailey said:
adam81 said:
Thanks Peter. Way to take one for the team. I am very interested to hear your results with the clutch change. You may want to call Paul Brown at Tiger Racing or Dean Martin at Rehagen. These would be my two go-to-guys if I were in your shoes.... The 302s comes with the MT-82 trans. They have lots of testing and data on it....

Adam, everything I have read says that the 302S come with the Tremec in the GT500. I am just curious if everything I have read is incorrect.

And Peter, thanks for being the clutch guinea pig. I to think this where the high RPM shifting issues are coming from.
That's my understanding too Cole. Adam's right, they started with the MT-82 but were having failures and switched to the TR6060. After my clutch plate came apart at BIR I would agree the clutch could be the culprit. Looking forward to Peter's testing.

I think the 302S still comes with the MT82.... ??? However I remember talking to someone and thought they said Ford Racing changed the standard trans to the TR6060 because it was the same part as the FR500 and this would mean more parts would be interchangeable and teams wouldn't need new spares.... ???

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=11687 -- Look under driveline

I believe the TR6060 as well as the 302R trans are options.

I was told some teams had issues with the MT82 and others did not. I know Rehagen does not like the MT-82...

Maybe someone who knows for sure can step in......

The 302S comes with the TR6060.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/competition/bosscompare.asp

He wasn't 100% sure he could get his car back together in time ... guess he finally got around to putting it back together ... new turbo and all

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Only a few posts here, but Luke is the go to guy at Tirerack for trackrats, etc.
He is at ext. 362 and I and our Dealership have been getting tires from him for over 12 years. He is a bit of a sicko driver himself and is the competition guy to chat with when you want autocross , drag, or road course rubber.

Unsolicited testomonial cuz he is just a really good guy!!!

OLOABoss

AKA OLOABoss
OK I jumped I jumped in front of the Bus ::) as I have said in the past as the car gets hot on the track I have problems shifting into gear both up and down. I just picked up the Boss from my buddies shop with a new Clutch/Pressure Plate/Lightweight Flywheel. I elected for overkill and used a RAM 10.5" Dual Disc clutch with organic plates. 1st impressions were I couldn't tell any difference from the stock clutch with no increase in pedal effort, clutch engagement, and increase in noise from the flywheel. When shifting at higher rpm engagement seems a little quicker but won't be able to tell if this has fixed my shifting problem until I get it to the track and run multiple laps.

One more stop for testing before the start of the One Lap. I am picking up my co driver in Columbia, SC on the way to South Bend. Since CMP is just up the road we are going to rent their Skid Pad for testing Wet and Dry setup. For those of you who haven't driven a skid pad there is an art to driving on fast and worth a lot of points if you do it right. ;)

Peter

OLOABoss

AKA OLOABoss
I will start a new thread for the event, post updates and list some pertinent websites for updates. So far there are 4 Boss, a 2013 Roush Stage 3 factory entry, several Camaro's and maybe more to come.

Peter

OLOABoss

AKA OLOABoss
ArizonaGT said:
I'm interested to know how the clutch feels and holds up over the course of the event. Did you change out the slave as well? Keep us informed!

Nobody is more interested than I am. Fingers crossed. Still using the stock Slave.

Peter

OLOABoss

AKA OLOABoss
daddyfixer said:
Peter, Did you have the plastic hydraulic clutch tube up graded to the SS type?

No I decided to just do the clutch and see if that fixes the problem. If I throw the kitchen sink at it we won't know what the actual fix is.

Peter

Peter, I have known of the shifting problem related to the m82 for quite some time. last week I ran my boss at a drag event and after making 6 passes back to back while power shifting , not just speed shifting And it locked me out on the 2-3 shift as well as the 3-4 every pass. That was at least 18 clutch engagements not counting burnouts and launchings and driving back down to the start. Now that being said, Scott mentioned on the previous page of a line being sold by JHR, That is Joe Heck Racing in Fla. (You tube Joe Heck Racing clutch line and view is video. Near the end of the video he mentions ( the co. that provides). Walt with Promotion Performance in Fla. has provided and serviced my Tremec Drag Transmissions for many years. He has been working on the solution for quite a while now. I have one of Walts lines with the larger opening coming UPS. He told me the other day that he has had at least a dozen customers call to say that fixed it. So it appears the the RAG 82 MAY NOT HAVE BEEN THE PROBLEM ALL ALONG BUT THE LINE TO THE THROW OUT BEARING.. In other words the small orfice cannot bleed off the fluid fast enough while the clutch is being pressured up not letting the throw out bearing to work the Disc.

TMO Supporting Vendors