The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

One less 2012 Boss in the world

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ouch. Thanks for fixing the link.

Wow. Thank God no one was killed.

It simply amazes me how often you hear stories of

1) People winning a lot of money and doing stupid stuff to pee it away.
2) People buying high powered cars and bikes and then crashing them shortly after buying them.

There was a guy in Denver a few years ago who put his new Harley into the wall of the dealership, killing himself 25 feet into ownership.

Take it easy out there....

2012YellowBoss said:
1ZVBP8CU3C5264030 I think is the VIN if anyone up can verify that please let myself or Chris (PTRocks) know.

That VIN matches a CO Boss 302 that was shipped to a dealer in Squamish, BC.

I've always wondered... how do all these people 'lose control in a corner'? This seems to be the recurring reason how people crash fast cars. Do they floor the gas pedal in the middle of the corner like an idiot or do they just enter it at a way too high speed?

In this respect it's always highly educational to try a bit of Gran Turismo or Forza Motorsport in 'full simulation mode'. You find out immediately what happens when you drive a high powered RWD car like an idiot.

440 RWD muscle car is not a car for beginners.

I've own a Corvette, S2000 and a CBR 600 and done several track days in cars on on bikes. I treat my Boss 302 with the utmost circumspection. People fail to appreciate how quickly a high powered car can jump out of your hands.

Being drunk doesn't help matters.

TheMarco said:
I've always wondered... how do all these people 'lose control in a corner'? This seems to be the recurring reason how people crash fast cars. Do they floor the gas pedal in the middle of the corner like an idiot or do they just enter it at a way too high speed?

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/lamborghini-crash-viral-video-769542

this one too:
http://www.thecarconnection.com/news/1070915_utah-truck-driver-wins-lamborghini-crashes-it-within-hours-video

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Biggest reason many crash in corners it obviously excess speed, but there are a surprising number who comment on shifting in the corner ----- what happened to Driver's Ed?!

Have actually ridden with students while instructing at tracks who did exactly this or even worse , pushed the clutch in while going around a turn.

Needless to say , I like the guys comment that says we all need to respect high performance vehicles and realize how quickly things can change with just a brief lack of concentration.

He's lucky he landed with the roof in the ditch and not flat on the road, that was his saving grace especially with 2 kids in the car. That lottery money is gone now, he should have picked the house now he should get the big house.

TMO Supporting Vendors