The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Online vendors issues anyone?...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I frequent the regular vendor sites for parts and such, but I also try to find the best prices that I can. That being said, has anyone ever used AUTOPLICITY.COM? I ordered a CAI from them on February 10th, which showed it was in stock and available for delivery. 10 days, two phone calls, and an email later they still cant seem to provide me any updated status on the order/ shipping/ or tracking number!!!! All this just to save some coin. I'll never buy something from that company again, and I'd caution you against the same.

Thanks for the tip, I try to do the same thing for the most part but I have found that Hypermotive and Blowfish both have great prices. I always like to tell the story of Stage3Motorsports borking my order, a part they said was in stock was not in their inventory and was being drop shipped by Whiteline. I canceled my order with Stage3 and called Hypermotive and after asking if the parts were in their inventory the person on the phone told me they were staring at them, they came in 2 days later, after being told by Stage3 that I wouldn't be able to find them anywhere.

I usually try to stay away from generic online performance stores. They seem to just put every single catalog item they have on their site, with outdated prices and inventory. 99% of the time they don't stock the items they list, and it's all dependent on manufacturer inventory, so you're bound to run into problems after payment.

I used Autoplicity to purchase a set of Autometer Elite gauges. The gauges were drop-shipped from Autometer and I received them in just a few days. Great prices and my experience with them was a positive one.

Highpower11 said:
I used Autoplicity to purchase a set of Autometer Elite gauges. The gauges were drop-shipped from Autometer and I received them in just a few days. Great prices and my experience with them was a positive one.

I also purchased my Autometer Elite gades, dimmer, and FRPP gauge pod from Autoplicity. They showed up fast and were the best price anywhere. But, there shipment notifications were not good.

If I do not get a shipment status in a few days with these types of vendors I call thier customer service to either get my tracking number or find out the exact inventory status.

For example, I placed an order this weekend for some car stereo components from onlinecarstereos.com. I knew the manufacturer was discontinuing the products and remaining stocks were being liquidated. I canceled my order today after not seeing a shipped status and customer service confirmed they were on back order.

After calling last night, I was told that they cant seem to find my order and will email me a status. I got an email later on saying that they are STILL working on it!! I'm staring to learn that just because its a lower advertised price, doesn't always mean they are the best to go with. I'll give a call later this morning. If they haven't figured it out by then, I'll just cx it and order direct from Airaid. What a cluster.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
I'm not blaiming the vendor for this one, I ordered some stuff from Summit Racing 8 days ago. The package shipped the same day from Reno, NV. One would think Reno to Tucson ok maybe three days right? Wrong! They shipped using the good old US Postal Service! The package took two days to get to Chicago where it sat for 4 days and according to my tracking info it made it to Phoenix today. So I will hopefully get it tomorrow 9 days later. And the USPS wonders why it loses billions of $ each year!!!

TMO Supporting Vendors