The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Operation BEAST MODE is in full effect - supercharger install with pics/vids.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fomoco302 said:
Man this is like watching one of those mini-series on tv. They keep you in suspense until next weeks episode. Surely your patience will be rewarded with one smokn ride.
Keep fighting the good fight !

Yea, the season finale is next week. Can't wait!

Justin said:
what a crappy crappy scenario you are in. 5k for what is a typical everyday mustang install thats just horrid.

I'm over 12K total right now for the super charger and costs at both shops. :mad:

yankeehick said:
What I am asking myself is how can the cats be done on a brand new boss with only 5K miles? I've been told that this has happened on a new GT500 with only 500 miles and it's just the luck of the draw.

First again let me say how sorry I am for all the doo doo you are going through on this supposed to be special time. Sucks balls...

Not to be an ass, comparing your car to a Shelby is apples to oranges. The Shelby has had untold hours and countless money thrown at it by Ford to pass emissions, maintain an EPA mandated emissions warranty, and last 100k miles. In my opinion, and this includes myself, whenever going outside the realms of a stock vehicle, anything and everything can happen.

Have you gotten anywhere with the original shop with a law suit or anything like that? As a mechanic, usually the threat of a law suit is all it will take to get your money back...

2012Boss302 said:
First again let me say how sorry I am for all the doo doo you are going through on this supposed to be special time. Sucks balls...

Not to be an ass, comparing your car to a Shelby is apples to oranges. The Shelby has had untold hours and countless money thrown at it by Ford to pass emissions, maintain an EPA mandated emissions warranty, and last 100k miles. In my opinion, and this includes myself, whenever going outside the realms of a stock vehicle, anything and everything can happen.

Have you gotten anywhere with the original shop with a law suit or anything like that? As a mechanic, usually the threat of a law suit is all it will take to get your money back...

Thanks for the support. I get your point on the Shelby. Just quoting from someone else extremely reputable in the biz who has witnessed this happen to a brand new Shelby. I digress.... About the lawyer: things are already in motion. I just need to get my car back first and carefully go over all of the labor costs/itemizations that had to be addressed as a direct result of MTI's install or lack thereof I should say. Obviously if the cats are gone, I won't have any proof to point fingers so I'll have to eat that replacement cost myself. I'd rather not go to court and come out with a settlement but if they are going to play hardball, I won't hold anything back and they'll be shelling out a lot more when I win.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
Yankeechick,

So sad to hear about your trials and tribulations with this install.

The supercharged Shelby may may not be what you wanted in a car but it worked and was reliable.

If the Shelby did not work, at least you had a warranty.

My ex-boss, a brilliant man said "your first lost is your best loss".

In other words, broom the attorneys and lawsuits. You're in the hole and it can only get deeper.

four-walling said:
Yankeechick,

So sad to hear about your trials and tribulations with this install.

The supercharged Shelby may may not be what you wanted in a car but it worked and was reliable.

If the Shelby did not work, at least you had a warranty.

My ex-boss, a brilliant man said "your first lost is your best loss".

In other words, broom the attorneys and lawsuits. You're in the hole and it can only get deeper.

Thanks man...I never had a Shelby. I was saying that I've heard that the cats can go on brand new ford models that have been put on the dyno and run hard. It's rare but can happen. I'm a boss owner through and through. I don't consider this a loss at all and I'm certainly not going to pass on a lawsuit if that's what you meant by "broom" the lawyers. I am steadfast in fighting this not only for me, but for everyone else that has been dissatisfied and taken advantage of by this shop. I met two people at my local car show this past Sunday that have had similar experiences and done nothing about it.

Injected opens up tomorrow so I'll have more updates after they remove the mid pipe to inspect the cats. I'm actually hoping they are damaged....gives me an excuse to buy some high-flow cats and get some more horse.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
yankeehick said:
I'm a boss owner through and through. I don't consider this a loss at all and I'm certainly not going to pass on a lawsuit if that's what you meant by "broom" the lawyers.

Injected opens up tomorrow so I'll have more updates after they remove the mid pipe to inspect the cats. I'm actually hoping they are damaged....gives me an excuse to buy some high-flow cats and get some more horse.

...good luck, but a simple company name and ownership change puts you right back to square one...

...just sayin'...

Wow...... when I do the s/c upgrade I will pick the best shop that has done atleast a dozen completely successful conversions. Your lucky that you have the means and testicular fortitude to follow thru and still stick it to losers...... so the saga continues but ultimately you want it done, and done correctly.
Praying for you AGAIN!

Dave

KonaBlue302 said:
Wow...... when I do the s/c upgrade I will pick the best shop that has done atleast a dozen completely successful conversions. Your lucky that you have the means and testicular fortitude to follow thru and still stick it to losers...... so the saga continues but ultimately you want it done, and done correctly.
Praying for you AGAIN!

Dave

Thanks Dave. Right now waiting on the shop to get back to me about the condition of the cats and what next steps are going to be. Was supposed to hear something on Tuesday however all has been quiet. The funny thing is Monday of this week was the first day I hadn't thought about the car the entire day. Now my car is starting to fade in all photgraphs. Does anyone have a DeLorean? Might need to go back in time to the day I dropped off my car at MTI. :)

Update: Got her back! I'm extremely happy with it even though Injected said they didn't like the way the graph looks with the hp being so shaky up top but I can't feel it one bit. They did everything possible to get this to 600+ rwhp but for now, this is the best they could do. Regardless, this thing is a complete monster. I'm blown away with how this kit performs. The wastegate makes this car sound like a twin turbo. I like it much better than the whining sound most top belt-driven superchargers sound like. Here's a graph and a quick youtube video of a roll-on pull from 50 mph and the dyno pull. Enjoy! Oh and sorry for the bad quality on the street pull vid.

10956290044_1c60c2793c_c.jpg

DYNO RUN - 571 RWHP https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVh-dhfOCm8

ROLL-ON STREET PULL 50 MPH - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC2Oa9VbLs8

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!
yankeehick said:
Update: Got her back! I'm extremely happy with it even though Injected said they didn't like the way the graph looks with the hp being so shaky up top but I can't feel it one bit. They did everything possible to get this to 600+ rwhp but for now, this is the best they could do. Regardless, this thing is a complete monster. I'm blown away with how this kit performs. The wastegate makes this car sound like a twin turbo. I like it much better than the whining sound most top belt-driven superchargers sound like. Here's a graph and a quick youtube video of a roll-on pull from 50 mph and the dyno pull. Enjoy! Oh and sorry for the bad quality on the street pull vid.

Any updates? Still happy with this mod?

DYNO RUN - 571 RWHP https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVh-dhfOCm8

ROLL-ON STREET PULL 50 MPH - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC2Oa9VbLs8

Yuck! I HATE to hear these stories OP...

but it makes me appreciate my Pops for teaching me everything I learned about cars. I would have had no qualms about diving into the install for you and would have had less parts leftover also! ;)

It's performing well and I'm extremely happy. No intercooler tubes breaking loose (of course I haven't shifted at 7500 rpm yet). Honestly you don't need to. I've taken it up to about 7000 rpm and it runs great. I can't imagine anymore power than this. I love mod and no regrets.

don't mean to clog up the blogways but I thought I'd bring this thread back for good time sake, but for all of those who remember this thread, my court date is in two weeks. Can't believe it's been 10 months. No one messes with the Boss and gets away with it. Wish me luck!

Maui
yankeehick said:
don't mean to clog up the blogways but I thought I'd bring this thread back for good time sake, but for all of those who remember this thread, my court date is in two weeks. Can't believe it's been 10 months. No one messes with the Boss and gets away with it. Wish me luck!

Good Luck. Hope you get compensated for all your trouble!

yankeehick said:

Do tell, what is this about?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel