The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Operation BEAST MODE is in full effect - supercharger install with pics/vids.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Were the cats shot?

KonaBlue302 said:
Wow...... when I do the s/c upgrade I will pick the best shop that has done at least a dozen completely successful conversions. Your lucky that you have the means and testicular fortitude to follow through and still stick it to losers...... so the saga continues but ultimately you want it done, and done correctly.
Praying for you AGAIN!

Dave

If you are in Florida than you should go to Power by the Hour which is where Ken tunes out of and as the OP can tell you Lund Racing does some pretty good work.

Sean said:
Were the cats shot?

If you are in Florida than you should go to Power by the Hour which is where Ken tunes out of and as the OP can tell you Lund Racing does some pretty good work.

Cats were fine! I'm in Atlanta and Injected Engineering are the best when it comes to modding your stang.

I just read this thread now. I only read the 1st page and was under the impression that you had a killer S/C and the rest of the pages were about you killin it at the strip or track.
Brother i am sorry you had to go through all of this and glad the happy ending came at last. Good luck at court and if there is a spec of common sense behind the bench you should be ok

LP Heaven said:
I just read this thread now. I only read the 1st page and was under the impression that you had a killer S/C and the rest of the pages were about you killin it at the strip or track.
Brother i am sorry you had to go through all of this and glad the happy ending came at last. Good luck at court and if there is a spec of common sense behind the bench you should be ok

Thanks, Friend. The court date has been pushed into mediation for September 5th. I'll let you all know what happens after that. Thanks for the support. I'm doing a few more things to the car this week. I know this defeats the purpose of keeping the car stock but I'm way past that at this point.

Full Exhaust system - stainless works headers with high flow catted x-pipe. Magnaflow catback exhaust with GT500 black quad tips w/ gt500 rear valance
Toyo R888s 315/30/20 rear 285/35/20 front

Will do a meth kit in the near future. :)
Custom tune

F.D. Sako said:
Congrats1
happy that it worked out for you at the end... after all that hassle.

so, what's the next big item?

car is in the shop as we speak getting pretty much the full bolt on package. stainless works headers with xpipe, magnaflow street series catback with blacked-out GT500 quad tips, new tune, Nitto Invo 275/35/20 front and Nitto NT01 315/30/20 rear. I should have a video soon of the shop burning down the old tires. I'll post it hear when I have it.

sure hope its a different shop. :eek:
Its your car, but I would never let a shop burn down my tires. thats just a crazy though IMO.

boss man said:
sure hope its a different shop. :eek:
Its your car, but I would never let a shop burn down my tires. thats just a crazy though IMO.

probably so, but I trust the guy, probably more than myself when it comes to burning down tires. he knows what he's doing.

Operation BEAST MODE is in full effect - supercharger install with pics/vids.

Good #s. Just finished installing the kit myself. Not an easy kit to install. I've had 4 different coolant leaks and have blown off 4 different ducts at high boost. I did not know you had to smoke down every freakin clamp to the point of stripping it. I'm making 8.6 psi of boost at 7500. Anyways, glad to hear you got a full refund.

Re: Operation BEAST MODE is in full effect - supercharger install with pics/vids.

dawgstang said:
Good #s. Just finished installing the kit myself. Not an easy kit to install. I've had 4 different coolant leaks and have blown off 4 different ducts at high boost. I did not know you had to smoke down every freakin clamp to the point of stripping it. I'm making 8.6 psi of boost at 7500. Anyways, glad to hear you got a full refund.

Try using two clamps at each joint and use T style hose clamps. Grease the threads on the clamp so you get a good torque. T clamps are available at marine supply stores. T clamps are used on diesel boat engines making way more boost than a super charger.

Re: Operation BEAST MODE is in full effect - supercharger install with pics/vids.

dawgstang said:

I had the exact same issues with mine with tubes popping off left and right. The underside tubes weren't so much a problem. It was the top tube leading into the intake that kept popping off. I used two clamps and haven't had a problem since.

Those top tube couplings suck. Those come off and you are on the side of the road reattaching them. First time one of those blew off, I had no tools to fix on a busy freeway. Now my tool kit is like my American Express Card, I don't leave home without it.

TMO Supporting Vendors