The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

opinions of # on a non tracked car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am a huge Matt Kenseth fan( Nascar) and am puting his old #17, from when he was with Roush, in circles on my hood and doors tomorow. Whats the consensus about #s on a non race driven car? I'm doing it anyway....lol

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
I am not sure a Mustang with race numbers is something that is socially acceptable here at BMO. :p

6a9ea008.jpg
Are you kidding of course go for it!!!!!! Just a warning once you start race graphics its hard to stop. Can't wait to see pics and if you need any advice on it I'm here for you.
Steve

Thx steveesp, I think your car is absolutely awesome. I have a 13, so I think parnelli's style will look pretty cool. I don't think I have the pills to put the huge one on the roof, but have thought of it and it looks gret on your car. Will post pics when it's done ;)

I would go with the #6 Martin old Valvoline theme. I also drool over Steve's design. I wouldn't dare do that as a daily driver due to getting pulled over daily asking to look under the hood.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Hambone said:
I would go with the #6 Martin old Valvoline theme. I also drool over Steve's design. I wouldn't dare do that as a daily driver due to getting pulled over daily asking to look under the hood.

This is one of the finalists for my upcoming 90's Thunderbird Crapcar/LeMons racer.
Steve

The police in my area know my car well, and know I don't have anything "funny" under the hood. I to love the Valvoline scheme, but my car is race red so that just wouldn't go. I have always wanted a car worthy of #s on the hood and doors, and believe the BOSS is such car! There will be a few people including my actuall boss at work that will tell me to grow up, but HELL NO! I love to stand out and this car definately helps me do that! LOL

steveespo said:
This is one of the finalists for my upcoming 90's Thunderbird Crapcar/LeMons racer.
Steve
Well I spent many a day and 12 packs sitting on the couch watching that T-Bird go around in circles. All my friends were Chevy fans. I had a 83 GT and had to pick a Ford driver so I picked the #6 because he could beat Gordon at the time.

TMO Supporting Vendors