The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Opinions of this louver?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sesshomurai

Probably old news, but I found this:
http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2011/10/20/new-product-mrt-rear-window-louvers-for-the-2005-mustang/

I think it looks rather cool actually......

thoughts? Would it have a negative impact on track events?

I have louvers (Willpak Ind.) installed on my Boss. I take them off during track events just for visability. Do MRT louvers come off easy? I think you will want to take them off in track events.

I find the louver the only mod I'm interested in, so you caught my attention on this post. I see they're local to me so might have to stop by their store and have a look.
here's their web site http://www.mrt-direct.com/12a006.html

Sesshomurai

From what I've read, it doesn't require any drilling or modifications to install, so that's a huge plus.
It looks great with 302's that have black roof's and striping....

06mach1 said:
I have louvers (Willpak Ind.) installed on my Boss. I take them off during track events just for visability. Do MRT louvers come off easy? I think you will want to take them off in track events.

MRT louvers come off also easy. There are 2 studs that just need to be un-bloted. I have the MRT louvers and like the way they look and follow the body lines of the Boss. MRT make a good product IMO.

I have the MRT louvers and can highly recommend them. Well made and not plastic, they go on and come off easy without and modifications to the car. Since my car does not get driven too much on the street anymore I rarely use them at this point. I am going to keep them for the future since I love the look but only for street use.

CIMG1939.png

fiddlefadel said:
What is the installation?

Clean the rear window and stick on the mounts after lining them up. Then the louvers mount onto these pieces. Check out the MRT site I am sure they have install instructions there. I drove with them on track so no worries anout the staying on.

Jeff Quinn said:
Do the louvers interfere at all with opening the trunk lid fully?

No.

Am I the only one who would like to see what the louvers do to airflow over the wing in a wind tunnel ??? Maybe Im just a geek that watches too much formula one :-\

Sesshomurai

SMACK78 said:
Am I the only one who would like to see what the louvers do to airflow over the wing in a wind tunnel ??? Maybe Im just a geek that watches too much formula one :-\

That's an interesting question actually....

I have MRT Louvers in the box still, as I am waiting on my car to arrive, but I will put them on as soon as I can. A friend got a "Cheaper" version of the rear window louvers and they are ABS Plastic, and don't look anything like the 70's style as far as shape goes... I preferred to spend a little more money and get the "Authentic look" with MRT's Louvers. Mine also came with prop rods to use for cleaning the rear window without removing the louvers, though I hear its simple to remove them as well.

1 piece all metal, flat black, but can be painted to match the car if you want.

$525 Total (with tax and shipping). Not bad...

If you're asking for an opinion, they scream Toyota Celica GT to me. I know, I know the Mustang had them first but my friend's mom had a Celica GT with louvers like that.

At the All Ford Nationals, MRT was selling them as fast they could install them. Looked at them they look great on and off the car, if I was going for the look I would purchase from MRT.

TMO Supporting Vendors