The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Opinions on Matte Black or Gunmetal F14s on a SBY Boss??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So I'm thinking of putting on some aftermarket rims and have narrowed it to Forgestar F14 Staggered 19" in either Matte Black or Gunmetal. Both look great.
What does the group think would look better.

Gunmetal on Michael Heintz"s car (one of my all time favorite cars)
MG3_1923.jpg

Matte on Hellfires Amazing SBY (also one of my all time favs)
IMG_3787.jpg

The Gunmetal wheels car is on 19" and the black wheels car is on 20"
I`d go with Gunmetal in 20" (for the look - not the performance).
That said both are GREAT (How could a 2013 SBY BOSS not be?)

Gunmetal, it will match the stripes better especially the LS. Check out the SVT wheels for their OEM quality fitment. I regret selling mine.

If you get gunmetal and let brake dust accumulate after at the track and not clean them, like me, you'll have black F14's!

So, problem solved. Get gunmetal.

I like the look of the matte, but with my TSW wheels the matte is much harder to clean than it is worth. it grabs fibers of cloth or paper towel so you can only use a brush. And I don't feel I am getting them completely clean every time.

patrickshelby said:
The Gunmetal wheels car is on 19" and the black wheels car is on 20"
I`d go with Gunmetal in 20" (for the look - not the performance).
That said both are GREAT (How could a 2013 SBY BOSS not be?)

I was going to go with 19s for sure. I think you have to be under 35yrs old to run 20's :eek:

I was all set to order the Matte Black from AM with Mickey Thompson Streep Comps mounted when I saw Michal's car on a link here for StangTV. Some of those shots made me rethink my choice. I also want to look into vinyl wrap the roof.

http://www.stangtv.com/features/car-features/michael-heintzs-badass-showngo-boss-302/

NFSBOSS said:
Gunmetal, it will match the stripes better especially the LS. Check out the SVT wheels for their OEM quality fitment. I regret selling mine.

Did you run stock tire sizes on the svt wheels? I am trying to decide on a set of track wheels and tires and I am thinking of doing similar suspension mods to yours.

Keith T said:
Did you run stock tire sizes on the svt wheels? I am trying to decide on a set of track wheels and tires and I am thinking of doing similar suspension mods to yours.
Yes and no. I originally ran the stock Pirelli's and when they wore out I moved to Michelin PSS's. The PSS I run are 265/35/19 and 295/30/19 and fit nicely on 9" and 10" wide wheels. These tires are vastly superior to the stock tires and I've run them on track one time and was very impressed with them.

TMO Supporting Vendors