The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Opinions on Matte Black or Gunmetal F14s on a SBY Boss??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Looking at the pictures again (and trying to be mature LOL) I think the grey 19" would be the best setup if the tires would not be 30' series but 35's IMO

DEye

You can't get there from here...
Sorry, but having gone the route of Black wheel/tire combination, I would not do I again, polished lip or something to highlight the wheel...

NFSBOSS said:
...The PSS I run are 265/35/19 and 295/30/19 and fit nicely on 9" and 10" wide wheels. These tires are vastly superior to the stock tires and I've run them on track one time and was very impressed with them.
The exact setup I have on Rick's old wheels (see sig). One more vote for Gunmetal!

On a Yellow car I would say go with the Black one's but with one hitch! I would get them from Vorshlag instead of AM since the ones Vorshlag sells have the "Deep Concave" face on them which I think looks better then the flat face F-14's.

Well after what seemed like forever I finally pulled the trigger on a set of F14s in Gunmetal. Found a used set with nearly new Pzeros on the front. Found a set of nearly new Pzeros for the rear. Knowing I would swap them out this summer for PSS i went with a slightly larger rear setup with 285/40-19 over the stock 285/35-19. With 1/2" taller sidewall the "Boss Rake" is back. Not 100% sold on the 40s but love the Gunmetal with SBY.

Blatant post of my car:

image.jpg3_zps9lul3psl.png

Good choice, they look sharp!

Looks great! I am looking at the gunmetal also or the piano black. I am trying to keep the same black as the stock wheels. I need to see a set in person of the piano black. I have plenty of time to mull it over. Need to put a new set of tires on in the next couple of months but can't afford the wheels also so it will have to wait for the next go around.

TMO Supporting Vendors