The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Opti-Coat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Sammykjr1 said:
It was not put on the wheels. It is actually a ceramic coating about 1-2um thick. I can wipe bugs off with no pressure applied. It's hard to wash because water will not stay on it. The consumer grade is available. The Pro Grade is only available for authorized detailers. It's a little pricey, but if your car is less than 12 months old, they do offer a limited lifetime warranty.

Justin - Yes they can be applied over the vinyl. I got confirmation from the CEO before I let my detailer put it on. They bought a roll of the 3M vinyl to test it.
thanks for the reply. I bought the car March 2nd last year. not really worried about getting a warranty on it. I check and there is not a dealer in the area. So I will probably try the DIY kit and test it on my girls dodge dart.

Justin said:
thanks for the reply. I bought the car March 2nd last year. not really worried about getting a warranty on it. I check and there is not a dealer in the area. So I will probably try the DIY kit and test it on my girls dodge dart.

That's probably your best bet. You really do need a proper applicator. 10cc did my whole car.

Sammykjr1 said:
That's probably your best bet. You really do need a proper applicator. 10cc did my whole car.
you can use a red sealant applicator to apply any of that stuff. When I ordered my 22ple I got a few red applicators. Albeit similar application. Btw Sammyjr1 I saw you on another boss forum, you still going to be in Pensacola next weekend for the show?

killerwill13 said:
you can use a red sealant applicator to apply any of that stuff. When I ordered my 22ple I got a few red applicators. Albeit similar application. Btw Sammyjr1 I saw you on another boss forum, you still going to be in Pensacola next weekend for the show?

I wish I could, but my son is going to be coming home from Japan en route to Kuwait the first week of April. Have to schedule my days off this year, I've got BTA in Sept. Him and my Daughter take priority over everything else.

Justin

killerwill13 said:
I think I am going to give the 22ple a try from what I have read it seem easier to apply

Justin said:
I think I am going to give the 22ple a try from what I have read it seem easier to apply
you should enjoy it. Watch the videos on YouTube about it before you use it. Also I'd take it to the extreme and wait a day and put a layer of good sealant on it and the follow it up with a final layer of a good wax! It would add amazing depth to the paint

Justin

killerwill13 said:
you should enjoy it. Watch the videos on YouTube about it before you use it. Also I'd take it to the extreme and wait a day and put a layer of good sealant on it and the follow it up with a final layer of a good wax! It would add amazing depth to the paint
I take all car detailing to the extreme lol. I will be topping it off with americana wax from adams.

Justin said:
I take all car detailing to the extreme lol. I will be topping it off with americana wax from adams.
you can do better than that! Get some dodo or something boutique. I got some polish angel wax from Germany that mine will be wearing for the show next week.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel