The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Optimum Performance has some 25MM spacers coming in soon!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Seems like many folks out there carry the 1/2 inch or 1/4 inch , but if you get a set of 18x11s ( say Apex rims as an example) you will need this size spacer. OP has been one of the go to places to go to get them and he is priced right. Just a little note of interest for those that may need a set , as often they seem to be out of stock with many suppliers and we always need them one week before we go to the track. Trying to help out my fellow procrastinators , as now is the time to organize and buy those 2020 track necessities.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I have run OP's 25mm and 31mm spacers in the front without issue. 31mm was combined with OP's GT350R MSI studded-hub offering.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Raleigh, NC
So I think spacers are in my future. My MPSS’s are ok but thinking I need to go with a stickier tire which might have a wider section width. Things are close now with 275/35/19s. Maybe 3/8” clearance tops, might be closer to 1/4”. Have never used spacers. Looks like OP are what y’all are using? Recommendations appreciated. What I see on the OP website is sets with longer studs and open lugs. Thinking of going with 1” studs just so they fit everything and 20mm in front.

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Not sure I understand your decision on the studs but would suggest a 3 inch ARP --- call OP on Monday or email them from their contact page and they will guide you.

TMO Supporting Vendors