The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Optional Car Cover

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do any of you have any pics of the optional Boss car cover you can post? Any pics of it on the car? i can't seem to find any. Also, what is it made of and do you recommend it over an aftermarket cover...

Thanks

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
SouthJerseyBoss said:
Do any of you have any pics of the optional Boss car cover you can post? Any pics of it on the car? i can't seem to find any. Also, what is it made of and do you recommend it over an aftermarket cover...

Thanks

Here's a pic of it on my LS. It' made of a tough cloth material. I can't recommend it over an aftermarket since this is the only one I've seen but I'd say this one seems fairly well made and fits vey well. It has gusseted holes on the bottom left/right (see white dot in pic down low center of cover) so you can 'tie' the cover down under the car so it doesn't fly off if you're trailering it or want to try give it some security from being stolen. It comes with a pouch that it actualy folds into when not in use.

2011-12-30_21-09-57_631.jpg

You can order one from your dealer if the one on ebay goes up to stupid money. ;)

Dark Horse

2012 BOSS 302 LS 541
SouthJerseyBoss said:
Also, what is it made of and do you recommend it over an aftermarket cover...

I think you get what you pay for on the after market covers. I bought a $60 cover for my 69 Mach to use while it is in winter storage and got exactly what I paid for. The material is no where near the quality or durability of the Boss cover. :p

I looked at the cost of the boss cover and it runs around 530.00 from the dealer.But if there is anyone who is looking for a cover that is just like the boss I have a brand new in the box shelby cover that is the same as the boss but with shelby on it instead of boss that I will sell for 200.00 plus shipping.
Phil

GA
blazin boss said:
I looked at the cost of the boss cover and it runs around 530.00 from the dealer.But if there is anyone who is looking for a cover that is just like the boss I have a brand new in the box shelby cover that is the same as the boss but with shelby on it instead of boss that I will sell for 200.00 plus shipping.
Phil

Perfect for the 2013 Boss owner since they look like Shelbys... :p

So quick question about the cover if anyone has it, how has it been treating the vinyl? And are you guys putting them on when the car is already a little dirty? I always heard not to use a cover unless the car is freshly cleaned as it will work any grit, even dust, into the paint. But I have never used one so was wondering, especially since the vinyl seems to be a little temperamental.

Always clean the dust off before covering the car. I keep mine covered and have no issues with scratches.

If you do not need to advertise on the cover what car is underneath, I recommend that you check out:

www.californiacovers.com.​

I use the NOAH model for inside storage. A number of local SE Michigan enthusiasts use this brand. Make the comparison. They have a catalogue that can be sent to you. They can also give you assistance online or telephone. More than likely Ford uses the same company as a supplier.

TMO Supporting Vendors