The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

ORB II Reader

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I installed cat deletes. I also installed anti fowlers in front of the sensors, in hopes that the CEL would not come on. After about 30 miles the CEL came on. The car runs great and the sound is perfect with the quad exhaust capped off with the factory silencer.

Hear are my questions: I connected the ORB reader. It said the issue was with the cats on bank 2. The device asked if I wanted to clear the code. So, I cleared it. No more CEL. Will the CEL return? Is it damaging anything when I clear the code? Will Ford know about it?

The car doesn't require a retune to run LTHs but you'll get the cat efficiency CEL. You must be running an after-market tune for the 90mm TB anyway? Just have your tuner shut off the rear O2s and the CEL will be gone. It will come back if you don't.

It won't hurt anything with that code.

I had AED tune my car after putting on Summit Cat Deletes. With no tune the initial data logs showed rich at low to mid throttle ( 13.5-13.8 A/F ) up to about 4500-5000 rpm and a little lean (13,5 ish ) at WOT from 2000-7800 rpm. Shaun brought the A/F to around 12.7 at WOT and basically left part throttle alone.

In other words, get a proper tune, it's well worth the money. AED seems to be tuner of choice...

cloud9 said:
The car doesn't require a retune to run LTHs but you'll get the cat efficiency CEL. You must be running an after-market tune for the 90mm TB anyway? Just have your tuner shut off the rear O2s and the CEL will be gone. It will come back if you don't.

Actually, my car ran fine with no CEL using the 90mm throttle body and Track Key. I prefer to keep track key instead of an after market tune. My question is not if my car needs a tune. I don't want a tune. I want to know if there is any reason I shouldn't reset the computer with the ORB II reader.

2012Boss302 said:
It will come back eventually but it won't hurt anything...

No joke, maybe try running two anti foulers on the O2. Like this http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-how-requests-questions-tips/215795-5-o2-cheater-non-fouler-how.html

That's what I did. I had to drill one out so the sensor would fit in the hole. I left the one it was screwed in to with a small hole. I reasoned that less fumes would get to it. Perhaps I should drill out both ot them.

TMO Supporting Vendors