The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Order Status 2013

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I just ordered, effective today 01/13/2012 a 2013 in School Bus Yellow with the Recaro seats option.
With this post I will convey the order status to forum members on a bimonthly (twice a month) or monthly basis based upon what my dealer tells me.
Price was based upon the MSRP (TBD). 8)

Good for you! Did you find out what quarter your dealers allocation is? That will make the wait a little easier. Mine was second quarter arrived in June. Good luck and Happy waiting!

I put my order in early December. My dealer got an allocation on 1/3 for a Feb build. Hoping for a March delivery. :)

Build takes a week and delivery typically takes a month. So, you should have it in march. As long as no production delays. Happened a few times last year

Jza1736 said:
Good for you! Did you find out what quarter your dealers allocation is? That will make the wait a little easier. Mine was second quarter arrived in June. Good luck and Happy waiting!
I didn't ask about which quarter and question if they could have told me at the time. But, if I get it by end of June 2012, I will be :D. I've got to sell the car being replaced and the optimum time is just before summer in late March to mid-May. I will be posting timely updates on the progress in another post. Thanks for your input.

I just ordered today (1/14). Grabber Blue w/Recaro option pkg and track key.

I'll likewise post status every few weeks as things change. Price is MSRP - still working on 1Q or 2Q allocation.

J

Congrats on your orders guys! We'll be anxious to see pics of the '13s once they start arriving 8) Your dealer should have been notified of the quarter when they received their allocation unless they're handling them differently for the 2013s......

DORA

I received copy of the DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement) from dealer. Various notes on the document:
1) This order is conditioned upon final price level
2) Mustang GT Coupe premium following with the various Boss 302 options
3) Flat Rock (Michigan) Assembly plant
4) Priority 13

Bossfan said:
Jza1736 said:
I didn't ask about which quarter and question if they could have told me at the time. But, if I get it by end of June 2012, I will be :D. I've got to sell the car being replaced and the optimum time is just before summer in late March to mid-May. I will be posting timely updates on the progress in another post. Thanks for your input.

As long as its the same as last year quarter build was given with allocations

Re: DORA

Bossfan said:
I received copy of the DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement) from dealer. Various notes on the document:
1) This order is conditioned upon final price level
2) Mustang GT Coupe premium following with the various Boss 302 options
3) Flat Rock (Michigan) Assembly plant
4) Priority 13

Once you get a VIN, you can have the status tracked closer by Deysha at Ford Customer Service. She is a great help!
If you can't stand the wait, you can always take a ride by the plant and see what's cooking in the lots and the lots where the stripes are added.
(That's what I did. :) Quick road trip to Flatrock, to take some pix.)

TMO Supporting Vendors