The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Order Times

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi guys, this is my 2nd post. I've been lurking and learning. I'm ready to jump on a new boss.
What's the average order time for a Boss? ???
I can drive 2 hours and buy a race red for sticker or have a local dealer order the grabber blue that I want. I'm afraid i'll be winter getting the car.

Sesshomurai

It can vary wildly, but I will share my experience. I ordered a '13 on February 6th and it never got a build date, so I canceled it when I found a yellow blaze '12 on the market.
I don't intend to drive mine in the winter. I'll garage and mod it over the winter, so I didn't want to get a new one in the winter and park it for 4 months. So it's a gamble I'd say.
Perhaps some dealers have more pull than others, no doubt. And I wouldn't be surprised if some orders didn't get filled, but don't take that as a fact - just a paranoid hunch on my part from my experience....

However, your decision to get a boss is the right one and you won't regret it.

Seems like most of the guys I read about waited 5-8 months.
I dont think the dealer could give me any idea.

drano38

Wayne
Keep in mind a dealer gets a Boss allocation for a specific quarter build.
Its possible to order the first day the books open, and if that dealer has a 4th quarter allocation, that buyer will be waiting a long time to get the car.
If you order, make sure you know what quarter the dealer's allocation is.
Or, surf the net, find one on the floor, and go get it. I drove 12 hours away to get mine--drove it into my garage 3 days after I decided I wanted a RR/black.
Good luck.
and RR is the fastest color . . .

drano38 said:
Keep in mind a dealer gets a Boss allocation for a specific quarter build.
Its possible to order the first day the books open, and if that dealer has a 4th quarter allocation, that buyer will be waiting a long time to get the car.
If you order, make sure you know what quarter the dealer's allocation is.
Or, surf the net, find one on the floor, and go get it. I drove 12 hours away to get mine--drove it into my garage 3 days after I decided I wanted a RR/black.
Good luck.
and RR is the fastest color . . .

great advise

Ordered mine in mid April (actually changed the color on an order the dealer already had a build date for). It was built 23 May and has been setting at AAI in Michigan until yesterday. Finally moved to another place with a delivery date of 17 July. My advice, search around and find a dealer with one and go buy it unless you get some killer deal from your dealer. Not sure it is worth waiting weeks or months for a car that just might be an hour down the highway when you are paying the same price.

Either way, get a Boss. You only live once.

I havent seen a grabber anywhere near me, not afraid to ship but its not worth much when I can get the other colors local in stock.

TMO Supporting Vendors