The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ordered a MGW shifter and TK software!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jake74 said:
boss2511 said:
CaliMR said:
I probably won't do it until next winter anyways, I am only having the 1st gear issues and they seem to be getting better.

TK is way better than stock.
wish you could go higher than 5k for the two step. from my findings 6500 seems to be the spot with MT et streets on the back.
I feel your pain.I went quicker at the track with the stock key cause of the 5000 rpm max launch.6500 is the sweet spot for lauching these car's on slicks.

If you want to launch higher than the 5000 max with TK. Just push the clutch in till it doesn't grab then rev past the 5K and stick the clutch to the floor and keep it above 5K. I tryed it the other night and it worked.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
95blitz said:
jake74 said:
boss2511 said:
CaliMR said:
I probably won't do it until next winter anyways, I am only having the 1st gear issues and they seem to be getting better.

wish you could go higher than 5k for the two step. from my findings 6500 seems to be the spot with MT et streets on the back.
I feel your pain.I went quicker at the track with the stock key cause of the 5000 rpm max launch.6500 is the sweet spot for lauching these car's on slicks.

If you want to launch higher than the 5000 max with TK. Just push the clutch in till it doesn't grab then rev past the 5K and stick the clutch to the floor and keep it above 5K. I tryed it the other night and it worked.
good info thanks

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
jeepinocala said:
What slicks is everyone using? on the stock rims?
I ran yesterday. used mt et streets 26x11.5 on a 17" stock 06 wheels. aired down to 13psi. best 60" of the day was 1.713 thats good for the track I was at as there track prep is just about non exsistant.

95blitz said:
jake74 said:
boss2511 said:
CaliMR said:

I was planning on testing that, but the weather hasn't cooperated. Probably could set it to 2k then use the same trick.

I have a lift so that made the install easier. But the assembly of the 2 pieces capturing the bushings I did from up top through the hole. I have installed a couple of them. It's not as hard as it looks. Watch the video carefully 20 times like I did!!!

I will say this: I know not every one can buy a lift or has a place for one, so you must use ramps or stands. But be careful. I had a good friend killed when the car fell on him. He had owned his own shop for many years and jacked up hundreds of cars and I am sure he was knowledgible about doing this. But something happened.

TMO Supporting Vendors