The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ordered Hotchkis Handling Package & Subframe Connectors & Sway Bars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

And just added in the sway bars as well.

I had hotchkis sways on my Audi RS4 and they helped the car rotate a lot!

http://www.hotchkis.net/2011-2012-mustang-rear-suspension-package.html
http://www.hotchkis.net/05_mustang_sport_sway_bars.html
http://www.hotchkis.net/20052011-ford-mustang-sub-frame-connectors.html

REAR SUSPENSION PACKAGE
The Hotchkis Sport Suspension Rear Suspension package for the 2011-2012 Mustang is designed to improve all the key components in the rear suspension improving traction and reducing wheel hop. The package includes adjustable Upper Trailing Arm, Lower Trailing Arms, and a adjustable Panhard Rod. The adjustable upper trailing arm design makes pinion angle changes a breeze while the high articulation 7/8" heim joints allow for adequate suspension twist for maximum articulation and minimal suspension bind up. The hi tech lower trailing arms featuring TIG welded I-Beam construction for maximum strength to weight ratio with greasable swivel max polyurethane bushings to increase suspension articulation while maintaining a quiet, comfortable design. The adjustable panhard rod is designed to allow adjustment for changes to ride height and improves cornering traction by reducing suspension flex. The rear suspension kit is finished in gloss black powder coat for durability and is a direct bolt in installation that can be done in minutes. The Hotchkis Rear Suspension Package is a must have finishing touch for any high performance 2011-2012 Mustang."

Features:

Adjustable upper trailing arms with high articulation 7/8" heim joints and CNC machined 1.5" bodies.
Lower Trailing arms feature TIG welded I beam steel construction creating a strong, yet light weight part while greasable Swivel Max polyurethane bushings.
Adjustable pan hard rod with greasable bushings.
Bolt in installation, no modifications required.

SUB FRAME CONNECTOR

Hotchkis Sport Suspension Sub Frame Connectors for the 05-12 Mustang are designed to add rigidity to the chassis to improve vehicle performance by reducing chassis flex. Fabricated from 1" x 2' x .095 wall rectangular steel for maximum ground clearance, these TIG welded connectors are powder coated gloss black. Installation of these connectors does not require modifications or cutting of the floor boards. The connectors bolt directly into the car using existing mounting points and can be done in minutes. Hotchkis Sub Frame Connectors are a must have, finishing touch for any high performance application.

Features:

Powder Coated Gloss Black Finish.
TIG Welded construction.
Fabricated from 1" x 2' x .095 wall rectangular steel.
Slim Fit Maximizes Ground Clearance.
Bolt In Installation, No Modifications Required .

SWAY BARS
Specs:
1.5" (38.1mm) Tubular Front Bar, 4 Way Adjustable.
1" (25.4mm) Tubular, 3 Way Adjustable
Weights (Bar Only) Front 13lbs Rear 9 lbs

Specs vs GT 500 Stock
Hotchkis Front:
Hole 1: 45% stiffer than GT500
Hole 2: 65% stiffer than GT500
Hole 3: 85% stiffer than GT500
Hole 4: 105% stiffer than GT500
Hotchkis Rear:
Hole 1: 5% stiffer than GT500
Hole 2: 25% stiffer than GT500
Hole 3: 45% stiffer than GT500

Specs vs 2011 5.0L
Hotchkis Front:
Hole 1: 45% stiffer than 5.0L
Hole 2: 65% stiffer than 5.0L
Hole 3: 85% stiffer than 5.0L
Hole 4: 105% stiffer than 5.0L
Hotchkis Rear:
HP setting 1 = 120% stiffer than 20mm rear
HP setting 2 = 160% stiffer than 20mm rear
HP setting 3 = 200% stiffer than 20mm rear

-592D-4068-87D2-90F5B7FACB97-9477-000004FDBB4EEA7C.jpg

Re: Ordered Hotchkis Handling Package & Subframe Connectors

Make sure the side exhaust don't interfere with the sub frame conectors.

5 DOT 0 said:

Thanks for saying that, I was wondering same thing. I would like some subframe reinforcement but all seem to interfere with the side exhaust.

Ok, thanks. Ill let you guys know how they work out. Just added the Hotchkis sway bars to the order!

Specs:
1.5" (38.1mm) Tubular Front Bar, 4 Way Adjustable.
1" (25.4mm) Tubular, 3 Way Adjustable
Weights (Bar Only) Front 13lbs Rear 9 lbs

Specs vs GT 500 Stock
Hotchkis Front:
Hole 1: 45% stiffer than GT500
Hole 2: 65% stiffer than GT500
Hole 3: 85% stiffer than GT500
Hole 4: 105% stiffer than GT500
Hotchkis Rear:
Hole 1: 5% stiffer than GT500
Hole 2: 25% stiffer than GT500
Hole 3: 45% stiffer than GT500

Specs vs 2011 5.0L
Hotchkis Front:
Hole 1: 45% stiffer than 5.0L
Hole 2: 65% stiffer than 5.0L
Hole 3: 85% stiffer than 5.0L
Hole 4: 105% stiffer than 5.0L
Hotchkis Rear:
HP setting 1 = 120% stiffer than 20mm rear
HP setting 2 = 160% stiffer than 20mm rear
HP setting 3 = 200% stiffer than 20mm rear

Tflong24 said:
5 DOT 0 said:

Thanks for saying that, I was wondering same thing. I would like some subframe reinforcement but all seem to interfere with the side exhaust.

No problems with the side exhaust, my guy installed the sub frame connectors no problem he said.

had everything installed yesterday, car feels great! havent really been able to push it but played around and it does seem more rigid and less understeer but I wont really know the later till I can really push it.

ordered this today as well....going for more rigidity! This plus the sub frame connectors could do a little

11-ford-mustang-k-member-braceproducts702promo_pic.jpg

(not my car here)
252733_463516686992647_177285606_n.jpg

My beef with bolt in sub-frame connectors is they can elongate the holes over time. The frame is relatively soft and any stress put on the bolts going through the frame will push the soft steel out of the way. I'd highly recommend welding them in, even if they are "bolt in" sub frames conn's.

That said, I hope it all works well!

Senderofan

Having more fun than should be allowed..in my Boss
Sweet shifter ball...didn't know they offered that color. I got a black one. Good score on the suspension bits...was in contact with Hotchkis last week....they said a Boss owner just ordered a bunch of parts...Guess I know who got those ;D.

TMO Supporting Vendors