The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ordered my Boss 302 today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I was in Phoenix for thanksgiving and today before I got on the road to San Diego I stop by the dealership that I was talking to and sat down and ordered my Boss. I got Comp Orangew/ Blk Stripes, Recaro /Torsen, and Carcover w/floor mats. I am paying MSRP.

Congrats! I am glad to see another Early order at MSRP. If you haven't been able to see CO in person you will be very happy when it arrives.

BossFred said:
I was in Phoenix for thanksgiving and today before I got on the road to San Diego I stop by the dealership that I was talking to and sat down and ordered my Boss. I got Comp Orangew/ Blk Stripes, Recaro /Torsen, and Carcover w/floor mats. I am paying MSRP.
Congrats! Excellent choice! I was just talking to the wife about placing the same order in Kona and she said wrong answer. She said that Competition Orange is going to look bad ass in the rear view mirror at the track, and the more I thought about it she's right LOL ;D

atrain1975

My order was submitted last night. Race red w/ black stripes, recaro & torsen, and accessory package. I, too, am paying MSRP and fortunately my order is for a first quarter allocation.

atrain1975 said:
My order was submitted last night. Race red w/ black stripes, recaro & torsen, and accessory package. I, too, am paying MSRP and fortunately my order is for a first quarter allocation.
Congrats,
I have to wait till 3rd qtr. for mine .
Fred

atrain1975

BossFred said:
atrain1975 said:
Congrats,
I have to wait till 3rd qtr. for mine .
Fred

Congrats to you, Fred. Third quarter will be here before you know it! Competition orange is going to be a sick color. I had a hard time deciding...

Fred, congratulations on your order.

I placed my order on Nov. 19th and it was submitted to Ford with the dealer's first Boss order (they have several in Q1) on the 24th. Kona blue with accessory package but no Recaro's. I'm probably the only guy not ordering Recaro's. While my car will see track days it's mostly a weekend car for me and my eight year old twins would be disappointed if they can't see past the seats. ;) If the Torsen diff was available separately I would have ordered it. I took several photos of a silver LS at the SacAutoShow on Nov. 12th and will post the link later in the LA auto show thread.

5 DOT 0 said:
Fred, congratulations on your order.

I placed my order on Nov. 19th and it was submitted to Ford with the dealer's first Boss order (they have several in Q1) on the 24th. Kona blue with accessory package but no Recaro's. I'm probably the only guy not ordering Recaro's. While my car will see track days it's mostly a weekend car for me and my eight year old twins would be disappointed if they can't see past the seats. ;) If the Torsen diff was available separately I would have ordered it. I took several photos of a silver LS at the SacAutoShow on Nov. 12th and will post the link later in the LA auto show thread.
Wow twins,
thats's awesome. Enjoy your Boss when you get it and take lots of pics.
Fred

Slight change in plans,
I just got a call from my dealer here in SanDiego and they are getting one Boss Laguna Seca and it's mine if I want it. I want it so I ordered Ingot Silver. They could not tell me what quarter it will be built. I will call the dealer in Az. to cancell my Boss 302 so some one else can have it.
Fred

What a great car! I can't wait to see these beauties on the streets and the tracks..

Ford did an awesome job with this new version of the mustang..

The whole mustang lineup is dam impressive but the boss 302 is a personal favorite.

Congrats

JB

TMO Supporting Vendors