The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

  • Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ordered some parts

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I got some parts coming.
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/CPC-ENG058609/05-09-Battry-Cover-And-Master-Cylinder-Cover-Kit
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/LRS-16826HE/Mustang-Quicklift-Elite-Hood-Supports
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/M8200MBRK/2010-12-Mustang-Boss-302S-Front-Grille-Kit

Cant wait to get them. found a code for the lmr site for 5% off "windsor" will work there are others but they are all 5%. I will add it to the discount code list . I am out to sea right now so when I get back I will be sure to install them and post pics.
 

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Tucson302 said:
You sure get a lot of Internet time for being out at sea! Are you the skipper? Nice choices btw ;)
lol they shut it down during the day for the E6 and below. I am an E6. out here its nothing to write home about. takes for ever to load and we use old versions of IE and fire fox so most sites dont load correctly. but its better then nothing. the internet is a lot better then it was on my first ship which was a cruiser. I am on an air craft carrier. you can hardly tell you are out to sea on it.
 
Justin said:
I am on an air craft carrier. you can hardly tell you are out to sea on it.
That sounds good. As a kid I always liked hearing my dad and uncle talk about their first equator crossing and looking at the photos. They were on the same ship together I have my dads certificate stashed somewhere. I hope they still do that.

Good luck with the parts. The 302S grille should have come on our cars from the factory.
 
1,255
2
GA
Justin said:
lol they shut it down during the day for the E6 and below. I am an E6. out here its nothing to write home about. takes for ever to load and we use old versions of IE and fire fox so most sites dont load correctly. but its better then nothing. the internet is a lot better then it was on my first ship which was a cruiser. I am on an air craft carrier. you can hardly tell you are out to sea on it.

All I had when I was in the Navy in the 80's was a lounge with movies and a library. They kept us pretty busy most of the time anyway with the Cold War and all. Tell me, is gut busting still alive and well, or have they secured that too. ;)
 
1,255
2
GA
NFSBOSS said:
That sounds good. As a kid I always liked hearing my dad and uncle talk about their first equator crossing and looking at the photos. They were on the same ship together I have my dads certificate stashed somewhere. I hope they still do that.

I never got to be a Shellback. I am a Blue Nose though (crossed the Artic Circle). This is not as big of a ceremony though. They just send the oldest guy and youngest guy out on the focsle in their underwear, and everyone paints their noses blue. of course the, "You painted your nose the wrong color" jokes went around that day (brown). :D
 

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
the still do shell back crossing ceremonies but they are way way watered down. I have never crossed the line so I have never done it. been on three persian gulf deployments and one baltops cruise.
 

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
Justin said:
the still do shell back crossing ceremonies but they are way way watered down. I have never crossed the line so I have never done it. been on three persian gulf deployments and one baltops cruise.

My step daughter was on the Reagan for 4 years I think she had the ceremonoy. The tiger cruise was what my wife really enjoyed. She got to sail with her from Hawaii back to San Diego and since she's a retired O-5 she got to dine with the Capt.
 

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Tucson302 said:
My step daughter was on the Reagan for 4 years I think she had the ceremonoy. The tiger cruise was what my wife really enjoyed. She got to sail with her from Hawaii back to San Diego and since she's a retired O-5 she got to dine with the Capt.
oh that is nice.
 
PJWANNABE said:
All I had when I was in the Navy in the 80's was a lounge with movies and a library. They kept us pretty busy most of the time anyway with the Cold War and all.

Eight on, eight off keep us busy out there. It was really 8 1/2 with the 15 min before and after watch transfer. With eating, showering and everything else you were lucky to get five hours sleep at once. Did that for 82 days in the IO, but that was a lifetime ago.
 
1,255
2
GA
Justin said:
the still do shell back crossing ceremonies but they are way way watered down. I have never crossed the line so I have never done it. been on three persian gulf deployments and one baltops cruise.

Things were watered down for me compared to the Navy of the 70's, and now with women on ships and the PC machine going full tilt I would probably consider today's global-force-for-good Navy a lot more watered down than the 80's Navy I served in.
 

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
I know the Air Force isn't as tradition rich as the Navy, but when I joined in 1987 things were a lot different than today. In 2008 I was still active duty and decided I wasn't enjoying my job like I used too so I retired. I'm sure 20 years from now people will have a similary view.
 

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
GOT SVT said:
just put on the battery and brake cover kit tonight

redlines were my first mod
I have an MRT style and I am getting tired of it as the washer fluid line keeps getting pinched by it. I would have went with redlines the first go around but they were still drill and rivet and I didnt want to do that but now they have a bolt in design
 
my dad became a shellback at 16, can you belive it. during the summer before his senior year in high school. i told him he was crazy
 

TMO Supporting Vendors

Top