The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ordering a Boss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am looking to order a Boss, how much do I put down, and how long does it usually take. I live in Ohio and I want to receive it and not miss out.

How much you will need to put down will depend on the dealer.

Mine took 58 days to deliver from the day that I ordered it, but again, how long it takes will depend on which quarter that the ordering dealership has an allocation. e.g. 3rd or 4th quarter.

Have you thought about looking around for one? There seems to be a good inventory of BOSS's on dealerships lots these days.

I agree with looking around, use autotrader.com and use boss 302 in your search. You may be able to get one under msrp, just don't come across overly anxious to buy. I know there's a green one locally at Taylor Ford, in Michigan. They were very fair with my purchase.

Daniel said:
I am looking to order a Boss, how much do I put down, and how long does it usually take. I live in Ohio and I want to receive it and not miss out.

First step is to find a dealer with an allocation. Just because they have a sold order doesn't mean they can get it.

I used cars.com to find mine. When i was searching, there were alot of Bosses out there on dealer lots.

The closest dealer wanted 5k over msrp, so i searched until I found a white one in SC and got it delivered for $590.

So if you don't want to wait, just search around and you'll probably find what you're looking for. The Boss doesn't have alot of options anyway.

drano38

Wayne
Agree, look for one on the lot.
Cars.com is good too. Select Mustang, then Boss 302. Work the deal on the phone, then road trip with a friend to get it.
I drove 700 miles to get mine.

VWGTI123

2012 PW #2558
+1 Find a Dealer with the one you want on the lot. You have much more leverage on pricing if they have the car sitting on the lot. If you are serious and ready to take delivery - you should be able to save some money. Just be ready to take immediate delivery. Cars on the lot cost the dealer money! I found mine using ford inventory.. you live in Ohio? try this link - punch in your zip and start doing your research. Good Luck. http://www.yourtristateforddealers.com/Inventory

VWGTI123 said:
+1 Find a Dealer with the one you want on the lot. You have much more leverage on pricing if they have the car sitting on the lot. If you are serious and ready to take delivery - you should be able to save some money. Just be ready to take immediate delivery. Cars on the lot cost the dealer money! I found mine using ford inventory.. you live in Ohio? try this link - punch in your zip and start doing your research. Good Luck. http://www.yourtristateforddealers.com/Inventory
THANKS! :)

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
Thats how I bought mine,just did a dealer inventory check, My Boss had all options and I drove over and bought it,,no waiting ,no ordering, I was enjoying my Boss Months ahead of people who ordered there months ahead of me.

The Ford search tool is horrible, I used Cars.com and narrowed it down to the Boss. Then I called all the dealers, as cars.com doesn't always get the cars removed when they are sold. Also the prices listed are usually not accurate.

TMO Supporting Vendors