The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

ordering questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It seems there are some strange quirks in the ordering system.

ie, i want the the magnetic suspension and the suede recaro seats and the upgraded stereo pack (not nav) but it seems you cannot order the car in this guise,

If you add the tech pack it comes with leather seats in the package adjustable suspension and NAV

if you go for the track package it restrict you to the standard radio

is this correct or am i reading it wrong?

Yes confirmed again. What I would have liked is an R with the same electronics package as the track pack. I didn't want the NAV, Sirius, mirror lights or upgraded audio. Just a radio, gauges and AC. Couldn't find an R at a reasonable price so I ordered the track pack and will use lighter wheels and PSC2 tires to close the gap. ;) Maybe next year you'll have more ordering options.

just been reading the motor trend article on the 350r v Z/28, i noticed that they say that if you drive a R and then drive a 350 you won't want the 350.

The R was 3 seconds quicker around the track than the 350, they also said the noise inside the cabin is louder than in the R due to the extra resonator in the exhaust.

Looking at the under the hood picture in the article the R has plastic fuel rail covers where the 350 has none, anyone else confirm that in production models?

mattlqx

Mustangless
And the spoiler and splitter are being copied pretty readily already.

That really leaves the slightly different spring rate up front and the ability to get the "electronics" stuff in with the track pack stuff. And of course, the bad ass red accents.

So yes, there's a lot to love about the R, but the normal GT350 isn't that much different from a drivers perspective. Put slicks on lighter wheels will get you most of the way there by itself.

VooDooBOSS said:
The MRC dampers are different on the R. They have a smaller "slot gap". Even with a different calibration they will not be the same. Hopefully our friends at Ford Performance come out with a more track oriented tune for the track pack cars. 8)

IMO they will. This is how they keep us spending our money. :eek:

VooDooBOSS said:
The MRC dampers are different on the R. They have a smaller "slot gap". Even with a different calibration they will not be the same. Hopefully our friends at Ford Performance come out with a more track oriented tune for the track pack cars. 8)

Source please on the "slot gap". I was told the same (as your earlier post) at the Track Tour that tires and wheels are the biggest difference between R and non-R on the track. I am looking into swapping to R-springs now and wonder if any of these changes will even be noticeable on HPDE days w/ DOT tires.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel