The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Other Tires in Stock Boss size

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Been looking at what other brand primary street/some track use tires besides Mich and P Zeros were available in the stock 255/285 or even + 265/275/295/ Not a lot out there :-\

So here is a quick list that I pulled off Mfg home pages. There are other lesser name brands that I didn't include like MT and some weird off brands.

So here is the list, add any you may know of.

Bridgestone
RE-11
RE71R only 275's

Continental
Ex Contact DW

Dunlop
SP Sport Max GT

Falken
None

Goodyear
F1 Supercar & Eagle F1

Hankook
Ventus RS3

Kumho
ECSTA XS only 285's
ECSTA V720 None

NITTO
NT-05
INVO
NT01 only 285

TOYO
RA1 none
Proxies none
R888 265/295 only

Yokohama
Advan AD08R 255/265 F
295 R

Tucson302 said:
This is why most who track their car switch to 18's, as you pointed out there isn't a lot out for 19's

Yes but,..... I was looking for stock wheel mainly street use fitments. You would think that with so many cars going to 19 & 20's that there would be some Dot R or even full R sizes available by now.

I have heard a lot of good things about the RE-11 for dry and especially rainy track use. Long life, good grip,etc. I am thinking of using them for street wheels so if I get to the track and it rains I have a backup to my slicks. I am happy with my Sport Comp 2's in the rain, but they definitely won't have the grip of the RE-11. But the 255 is only 26" overall...you might have to use the 245.

Worked a SCCA Time Trial here yesterday where a new Viper ACR was being dialed in. Car is amazing and even out of the box with factory setup it was blistering fast. What was interesting was when I got to check the car out up close and talk with the owner it was running factory stock Khumo V720 tires!

Currently they only make the V720 in 245/40/19 and then jump to 305/30/19.
Think I'll send them a e mail asking if they plan to make these tires in stock Boss wheel or +1 sizes

I am on my second set of BFG G Force Comp 2's. 285/35ZR19 rears and 275/40ZR19 up front. First set lasted about 40k all street driving and very happy the way they handle and wear. Price is perfect for the street.

DOM529

302 in 416
Hambone said:
I am on my second set of BFG G Force Comp 2's. 285/35ZR19 rears and 275/40ZR19 up front. First set lasted about 40k all street driving and very happy the way they handle and wear. Price is perfect for the street.

Is your ride height stock?

It appears BF Goodrich is releasing their Rival's in stock Boss sizes 255/40/19 & 285/35/19

https://philstireservice.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/BFG-Rival-.pdf

Hopefully other makers will follow.

Hambone said:

I used to run these on my 01 Bullet and a 88 LX, just an ok street tire but could not handle heat on track, get greasy after about 5 or 6 laps. I would imagine tracking them on a Boss they would not last long

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel