The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ouch.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
i was going to run with this group yesterday...

http://jalopnik.com/5949688/concrete-wall-1-mclaren-0-after-crash-at-californias-auto-club-speedway

Some guys do get too close. Wonder what really happened.

Ouch indeed. That sucks. Don't let Pete see this because I hate seeing grown men cry. :eek:

Be sure to read all the comments.

I haven't read it, but I have noticed a string of McLaren crashes at the track. Not in the groups I go with, but I know several people who were at different track days and saw them crash. Mostly at LS. It is like the Carrera GT reborn.

zzyzx

Steve
That wasn't the only exotic that was damaged last weekend.

By the time I left Sebring Sunday afternoon, I saw a beautiful black LS that had been put into the wall nose first.

Owner had removed the front bumper cover, and the hood was buckled up. I didn't get a close look, but it looked like the airbags didn't appear to be deployed.

I saw a lot of people around the car earlier in the day, but didn't realize until later that it was because it had been put into the wall... :(

The fact that he was able to run even though he missed the driver's meeting is disconcerting. Grant, did you tentatively set up our Streets of Willow Day for Speedventures? :eek:

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
fduboss302 said:
The fact that he was able to run even though he missed the driver's meeting is disconcerting. Grant, did you tentatively set up our Streets of Willow Day for Speedventures? :eek:

I was thinking of having two. One with Speedventures on 11/4 and one with Extremespeed on 11/25.

Might just run the GT on 11/4 since I didn't go this week...unless I run the Roval on 11/17 or 18.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel