The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Our Future - Scary

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Most people will think this is a good thing because it will keep them "safe". We've been conditioned for years now to be worried about our "safety" and give up our rights and freedoms in exchange. Of course we all know the quote about that deal.

That extra large bar ought to take 15 or 20 mph off the top speed of whatever vehicle it's mounted on as well as significantly decreasing fuel economy, which we taxpayers get to happily pay for. The joys of living in a "free" and "safe" society.

Giving up my 4th Amendment rights is not my idea of being safe. If authorities are so caught-up in protecting us then why do they support open borders? They already record and save every communication we have ever made, have all our emails, track out movements with our phones, track our Internet activities and posts, track purchases, have access to all our medical records, employment records, taxes paid,.... This is not my idea of freedom that our nation was founded upon. What next? China monitors all theses same activities and assigns a score to every resident based on someones idea of being a good citizen. China uses these scores to decide restrictions they will place based on what they consider to be undesirable behaviors. China could decide privileges such as travel, employment, access to medical care, and even imprisonment. This is where our nation is headed if Americans don't speak up against these infringements.

Why don't the politicians we elect share these concerns? They seem to be adding more to the problems that are headed our way than offering any solutions. Your vote counts in November..cast it wisely.Get rid of the dead beats that don't give a hoot about you....;):mad:.....Now back to our regular TMO programming...............

In the V6L
The USA is one of the few countries in the world without comprehensive privacy laws. There's a patchwork of a few state-level laws, but your data and your privacy is not your property in the country you live in.

Where I live, we do have strong privacy protection. For instance, there was a big riot that happened after a hockey game (we lost, some took it badly) and with all the video and security footage available, it would have been easy to identify the participants by matching the footage with their driver's license photos. A week's work and they're all in court. Our Privacy Commissioner ruled that the driver's license photos had been collected for the specific purpose of identifying drivers, not for the purpose of identifying random people on the street, so the photos couldn't be used. The police fell back on more normal techniques to identify the miscreants and they all ended up in court, it just took longer. In the end the point was made that the government can collect your picture or other information about you, but it doesn't have the freedom to use it as it might please, even for law enforcement. It makes simple things more complicated, but it makes for a safer community.

The USA is one of the few countries in the world without comprehensive privacy laws. There's a patchwork of a few state-level laws, but your data and your privacy is not your property in the country you live in.

Where I live, we do have strong privacy protection. For instance, there was a big riot that happened after a hockey game (we lost, some took it badly) and with all the video and security footage available, it would have been easy to identify the participants by matching the footage with their driver's license photos. A week's work and they're all in court. Our Privacy Commissioner ruled that the driver's license photos had been collected for the specific purpose of identifying drivers, not for the purpose of identifying random people on the street, so the photos couldn't be used. The police fell back on more normal techniques to identify the miscreants and they all ended up in court, it just took longer. In the end the point was made that the government can collect your picture or other information about you, but it doesn't have the freedom to use it as it might please, even for law enforcement. It makes simple things more complicated, but it makes for a safer community.
Does it make any sense at all to you that the "Government" would go to all the time & expense of obtaining massive databases of people's data including photos and then say that they cannot or will never use this data for any purposes? I am not buying any of that. This data is being collected, digitized, maintained, and processed by our country's intelligence services. Data is available on every US citizen. It is being stored here at this massive data center located in Utah.

https://nsa.gov1.info/utah-data-center/

This information is published on the Internet and is not part of any conspiracy theory. This information is widely known. Privacy is a myth in the United States.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Although I would love to continue the discussion of automobiles in this thread. I have one comment. The items mentioned above are available in and obtained from public sites, sources. Don’t like it, want to be a private person, then do so.

yotah1

Ford Employee
Detroit
If you want to use your 4th amendment and keep your info private, then don't get a bank account, a credit card, pay always cash, don't go on forums, facebook, or use emails, don't own a phone, have a loan (goes hand in hand with the bank account...), don't buy anything on Amazon, etc etc. You're welcome to go back to living like in the 1800s, but I'm afraid they didn't have the same Coyotes back then, nor did they have trackdays...

I have some colleagues who grew up in the eastern block in what is now part of Europe, they had tanks in the streets when they were kids, and military presence everywhere, and privacy was a very distant idea... There are many things wrong in USA (and it starts at the very top in my opinion today), but come on, this isn't Russia or Georgia (the country, not the state...) or North Korea.

There is a LOT of freedom in this country, and there is also globally a respect for each other's freedom and rights (at least from a foreigner's point of view who's lived in 8 different countries around the globe). You can do what you want, but if you want absolute privacy, then you have to aknowledge that you can't be part of our modern society and all that comes with it. Then of course, there are ways to be private without being recluse either, just start by dropping Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and all those things that most people consider to be "connections" today.

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects,against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

Fourth Amendment (Amendment IV) to the United States Constitution​

In the V6L
Identifying people with facial recognition is no more invasive than the small-town sheriff that knows everybody and waves to you when they pass by. When there's no human involved, it's creepy but it's not wrong. It's how that identification is used after it's made that matters.

Identifying people with facial recognition is no more invasive than the small-town sheriff that knows everybody and waves to you when they pass by. When there's no human involved, it's creepy but it's not wrong. It's how that identification is used after it's made that matters.
Read 4th Amendement of Constitution. Just because they are capabale of doing it does not make it legal to do without probable cause. When do you tell government you have gone to far? They just keep whittling away our freedoms till you get to a point that people accept these infringments. This is all part of the public being conditioned to be more accepting of our loss of freedoms. Eventually you get to a point we have lost our freedoms and become like a China or North Korea. At this point it is too late.

yotah1

Ford Employee
Detroit
There is a pretty good way to go before being North Korea, but at the same time, I think it's a good thing we don't live in the Far West era of gunslingers and such. I'm sure they had a lot of freedom back then, but is it a terrible thing to give up "some" freedom to help progress the society, be safer, have less lunatics driving around and so on...

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Well, FWIW, my personal opinion is we have given up way too many citizen rights in the name of fake safety. If most people saw what I've seen and heard behind closed doors in a career spent in law enforcement and government in general they would be more concerned. Ignorance is bliss.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Freedom is a living thing that keeps evolving. I'm not buying any conspiracy here and although I think I would have enjoyed the old wild west had I never tasted modern world, I've learned a long, long tyme ago adaptability is the key to survival.

I think I'll try to sell Ekin some fasteners and ashesives... Thanks for the lead!

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I'm going to start selling aluminum foil hats in case they start trying to read our minds... again. ;)

Edited by Rick
Warning: may not look exactly like photo and may smell like three day old pizza.
All proceeds go to buying a new helmet for my HPDE days. (See my photo)

5d-tinfoil-hat-.jpg

Yeah, I belong to that school that believes there's nothing incriminating in my life and for that matter noting worth knowing going on in my life. Besides, you can read all about it on some forum I post on way too much. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel