The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Our Future - Scary

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wow, First tyme I remember a post being deleted by a Moderator............must have been pretty rough??
It's very rare but it happens every once in a while. More frequently on Facebook which I see most of you long time TMO members are smart enough to stay away from. :)

On TMO we have always stayed away from politics, sex and controversial topics for good reason. While I don't see the articles referenced here as really being controversial I can see how some would. You're welcome to carry on or I can lock this thread which is another thing we rarely do and I honestly can't remember the last time we did. But hey I'm the same age as Kirk and I can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning. :rolleyes:

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
The fourth amendment protects citizens from government intrusion. The information mentioned above is collected through public sources, exposure not intrusion. The devise in the link collects public information.
Although less than comforting to some, public information is just that, public and not protected. If it was, all the video we see which was taken and posted without consent would be illegal. It ain’t.
Tinfoil hat, could be. Unsettling to some, sure. A violation of our fourth amendment, not likely.

Some advice. Want to win an arguement related to the constitution, know the constitution and interpretation of same. If you want to express your dislike for data collection, have at it. Be careful not to confuse the two.

A lot of our rights, privileges, privacy are gradually being eroded by the goverment (enacting new laws that sometymes contain hidden tax increases) and our own infatuation with social media (I'm not a part of that gang!) The internet with it's access to more information than we ever had before only enhances the effect. As TMSBOSS mentioned, you are what info you put out there. My parents never had a credit card. They were old school...If you couldn't pay cash, you couldn't afford it. They went out on a limb when they got their 30yr mortgage but had it paid off in about a little over 15yrs (with just my father working).

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
If anyone is interested in taking back some small measure privacy, consider using encrypted messaging and email. I recently deleted my Facebook and switched to Protonmail for my email and use ProtonVPN. Protonmail is based out of Switzerland (some of the best privacy laws in the world and would be very difficult to hack or subpoena) and it hasn't been any more difficult than something like GMail. For an instant messenger I've been playing with Wickr Me, though it's kind of buggy. Trying to switch to Signal. It's all encrypted and even if someone were listening in all they would get is garbage. It's not perfect and there's a ton of ways to get information elsewhere, but hey, it's a start. If you're looking for alternatives to things like Google Chrome or any of the major (read: not private) browsers, try DuckDuckGo, Brave, or Opera. I've used all three and they've all been quite good for reducing ads and don't track history.

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel