The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Out of the ashes, a Phoenix is born

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

8250RPM said:
This is a awesome thread!
I've been running the thought of building a 700+ naturally aspirated 5.2 voodoo for my gt350. What are you using for tuning and what computer? Is this a ford ECU?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Start a build thread! ;)

Yesterday was the first time I got on it playing around with some friends (not street racing but just having some fun) and man the f***ing thing screams up top at 8,000 it is wailing like a f***ing banshee holy shiznit! You let off the gas and the exhaust sounds like a machine gun until you step on it again and all is back to normal. It is downright mental. The car just pulls so hard up top and it is hard to judge where the redline is due to the onslaught of exhaust noise and the car just not wanting to stop pulling all the way up to redline. Quite simply the car is mental ... next thing on the list is safety stuff like a roll bar, harness, oil coolers & I do want to grab a watts link.

8250RPM said:
You have a rwhp of 593 correct? If that's so, then you are at 700 crank or damn near it!

My GT350 only has ARH long tubes, off road X pipe and a Lund tune running Sunoco 260gt 100 octane race gas and I have a rwhp of 531 on my best pull.

With head work, custom cams, aem, and custom intake and bottom end I'm pretty sure I can reach 700 crank hp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to say it is around 660-680 at the crank with a conservative guess on the FTW tune. It certainly is a fun little car that's for sure haha.

Man, I would love to do the same thing with a GT-350, but the engine being so new and a leap forward from what has been previously done to it I don't know if I would be able to go that far into it!

TMSBOSS said:
Sean

Jump on the safety gear sooner than later. You never know what the other guy will do or what may break. Walking away from a broke car is a smart thing.

BTW. I am jealous.

That I am certainly doing. Right now I am just saving up the money for the Watson roll bar and looking into mounting a 5 point harness for racing time. I still have to get in touch with Pete about some brakes as well since I would like to update the pads, rotors & fluids for track days next year. Wheels & tires are going to wait until next spring along with the oil cooler and watts link.

cholmes1

400lb Gorilla
Denver, CO
Sean said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-GQyuSqtlc

So you have the only Boss 326 in the world! Very impressive numbers. Hope everything continues to hold together well for you and you can enjoy her for decades to come. Congrats!

Are your plans for road racing, strip, or the car show circuit?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel