The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Out of the ashes, a Phoenix is born

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well I should have the new engine at the end of the week and then it is all hands on deck to get the car finished, tuned and back in my hands so hopefully I will have the car next week.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Hey Sean:

Hope this post finds you and family well.

Well it's July 1, 2016 and I am hoping you have the might LS back and running stronger than ever.

I'm also hoping that you are having such a blast driving your 2012 Boss 302 LS that you just can't find the time to sit at the computer and post about it.

Can you let us know of any updates? It sir would be nice as I've followed your saga for about 18 months now and I am hoping the end is near and you're back in the saddle again!

Good luck and all the best with your build.
Dave
302 Hi Pro

Hey Dave,

I wish I could say that I had good news, but I don't in all honesty. It has just been the worst month of my life with the girl I was going to get married to leaving me and my engine blowing up before it was even strapped onto the dyno. The piston manufacturer let a bad coating job through their shop and ruined the piston, but JPC told me that they were going to take care of me on this and that I was out no money, only time. I have't really thought about the car all that much since life got in the way, but everyone at JPC has been on top of me feeding me information. Rich at RGR is just degreeing the cams today and will be shipping out to them ASAP. From there it is all hands on deck to get the car up and running.

I wish I had some better news for you then that, but it is what it is my man.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your Independence Day weekend and have lots of fun!

Until next time my friend,
Sean

302 Hi Pro

Southeast
Sean:

I'm so sorry to learn of these 2 recent disappointments in your life. I was hoping you were spending quality time in the MP/LS and you were too busy driving to type.

However, being the eternal optimist that I am, it's actually good the engine blew quickly as cause of failure is not debatable and JPC has your back. As far as the Lady? Well all I can add is that she just let a great guy slip through her fingers. Better now that after the knot is tied, (if you know what I mean).

Hey! On a good note, when you get the MP/LS back from JPC and when you need "all hands on deck" to finish her up, shoot me a PM and I'll pack some tools and come up to NY to assist. I retired from corporate life and started my own automotive consulting company, so I have complete flexibility with my schedule.

Gosh, thinking through a bit further, I'd be happy to assist you and would love to be apart of the build. After all, I suspect your 2012 Boss 302 LS will one day grace the cover of a few Mustang Enthusiust Magazines!

Keep the faith brother and shoot me a PM when you're ready.

Dave
2HP

Wow that's doubly bad news. Hopefully you're back on the road soon and you'll be moving forward in no-time. Good luck!

As a mechanic I often say.
"If it's got T11ts or tires it's bound to give you problems. Sorry about your heart ache Brother! Things will get better trust me. I know exactly how you feel. I thought I was with the perfect woman, we dated for 3 years, we were engaged and life was great, so I thought until I came home from work early one day. I'm sure you know what I came home to and I won't go into detail, but it about killed me. Family, Friends and cars are always there for you. A blown engine is easier to fix then a broken heart.
I'll never know how he got his truck out of the driveway when I blocked his truck with mine. Not a scratch on mine anywhere lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Not trying to make light of your situation Sean but it does sound like the making of a good old country song.

Love will come back around and as far as the car goes, luck is bound to change. Hang in there bud.

Thanks guys! I appreciate all the kind words!! it has been a very tumultuous month so I appreciate the kind words of encouragement from everyone. Eventually I will get the car back and everything will be all good. I had Justin call me and tell me that once they get the engine back in the shop that it was the number one priority to get it done.

Then it is back on the road and I can post here more often and enjoy the track like so many of my Boss & GT350 brethren are doing! As Dave said, I am glad it happened at JPC and not when I got it back so that is a blessing in disguise for sure!

The engine was put back in the car and fired up today ;D

With any luck, I will have the car back in time for American Muscle on Saturday!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rvm1aHtnl18

That is exactly what I said when I heard the video. I hope it still keeps the mean sound to it once they are done with the tuning on the car!

I'm pretty excited about having it up and running. It let go on my birthday in 2014 so I have owned the car for 3 years a week and 2 days and of that time I have been able to drive it for a year, one month and 11 days haha.

I'm excited to see what this will put down. From what I have been told RGR had another car make well north 600HP and my engine has the potential to put down more power. I don't know if it will or not, but I am excited to see what it will do and what the power curve will look like. I doubt it will have the power delivery anything like Steve's 5.2 motor, but that would be pretty cool to have that mid range power that he does.

302 Hi Pro

Southeast
Sean:

This is some really good news! Can't wait to read your about your driving impressions.

Good luck,
2HP

Thanks Dave & Bob, I can't wait to get behind the wheel of this thing! Just out of curiosity Bob, where in Fairfeild county are you? We have a couple of people from Stamford come hang out with us at some car shows if you are interested.

Grant 302 said:
Congrats on moving forward Sean! Sounds abso-****-ing-lutely WICKED! ...More like a 502.

I couldn't have said it better myself!! I love the way this thing sounds.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel