The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Output Shaft Flange Nut Location for TSB 19- 2135?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Atlanta
After my latest track day I noticed my car experiencing surging issues and cruise control not working as similar to what's described in TSB 19- 2135. (https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10162060-0001.pdf)

Can someone tell me if this is the output shaft flange nut that would need to be replaced or tightened? I'd take it to the dealer but they are slammed for the next 2-3 weeks and if it's something simple I can fix myself I'd rather give it a try.

IMG_3137.jpg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Mooresville
I had the same issue on my 2019 GT350 The dealer had to order special parts to fix the problem it took about a week for them to arrive. Makes me it's not as simple as tightening the nut.

I had the same issue on my 2019 GT350 The dealer had to order special parts to fix the problem it took about a week for them to arrive. Makes me it's not as simple as tightening the nut.
It is that simple, but the TSB requires replacing not only the flange nut, but also the other bolts/nuts for the drive shaft as well.1654654482364.png

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Nova Scotia
It is that simple, but the TSB requires replacing not only the flange nut, but also the other bolts/nuts for the drive shaft as well.View attachment 76425
Ford regularly requires bolts be replaced mostly because they don’t trust the techs to use the correct thread locker on the bolts when they reinstall them. If there is no stretching out other deformation, the bolts will be fine.

I also had the same issue. I had a post about two years ago about the TSB and getting it taken care of. Question, can you please explain where under the car the picture is taken?? If it happens to me again, I would like to be able to locate the nut. Thanks

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Atlanta
I also had the same issue. I had a post about two years ago about the TSB and getting it taken care of. Question, can you please explain where under the car the picture is taken?? If it happens to me again, I would like to be able to locate the nut. Thanks
Right underneath the shifter. Nut is on the back of the transmission where the driveshaft connects.

TMO Supporting Vendors