The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Over 1200rwhp Hellion Twin Turboed tuned by BBR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

As featured in the December issue of 5.0 Magazine

Hellion and BBR teamed up once again to create the ultimate turbo'ed street car. Now when you think of street car.... Big power is a lot easier today then it was years ago. Still shocks me in the long run. I still laugh and joke around with people saying I remember when making 350rwhp and cars running in the 12s was amazing for a street car. And this was maybe 10 years ago. At that time, The 2003 Cobra destroyed the market. Still one of my favorite cars to this day. But one has to question the power when a GT with only a few changes can make over a 1000rwhp and can drive pretty damn good. Well John from Hellion and Chris from BBR teamed up and created one hell of a machine.

In words of Steve Turner from 5.0 magazine. "this thing will put you back in your seat quick."

Below is a video that they did driving the car and explaining some information about it.

Hellion Coyote - YouTube

Now the modifications on this car are as follow:
2012 GT
Hellion twin turbo kit 62mm Precision (base off the shelf system with no modifications)
105lb Injectors
Return Style fuel system - made at Hellion for car
FRPP Aluminator short block
MMR billet Oil Pump
Stock heads & cams with MMR valve springs
C16

This car was completely remote tuned by Chris Jones and can be daily driven. The car was also tuned for pump gas for every day use as explained in the video.

Hellion Twin Turbo 2012 GT Dyno - YouTube

Here is the dyno graph for the car.

Now that the main testing is done. Hellion will be taking it to the track and we will be conducting the tuning aspect.

STAY TUNED!!!

Sesshomurai

More questions about this kit.

1) Does (or can) the new tune include some of the trackey settings, especially exhaust note. I want to keep the cracklin'-pop when easing off the throttle. Or maybe the new tune does this as well?
2) Have there been any persistent CELs with this kit?
3) It's emissions abiding in 49 states? (Who cares about Cali. :p)
4) Is it hard to revert to stock?

darreng505 said:
More questions about this kit.

1) Does (or can) the new tune include some of the trackey settings, especially exhaust note. I want to keep the cracklin'-pop when easing off the throttle. Or maybe the new tune does this as well? The track key is invalid with any tune done on the vehicle. The fake cam sound is something we do not offer as well. We designed our tunes around things that make power and drive.
2) Have there been any persistent CELs with this kit? None.
3) It's emissions abiding in 49 states? (Who cares about Cali. :p) This kit with its forward facing headers and how the piping is ran can use your stock mid pipe if you choose or any one of our choice
4) Is it hard to revert to stock? it can be yes

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
any videos of something other than it on a dyno or just cruising? I read the article the other day. I want to see what this thing does at the track.

Sesshomurai

Justin said:
any videos of something other than it on a dyno or just cruising? I read the article the other day. I want to see what this thing does at the track.

Yes. I'm waiting for this as well. 0-60's, 0-100's 40-140 times, laps, etc. This kit is on my list after I do the T56 trans/clutch/driveshaft replacement work ($6k worth).
I mainly want this kit to improve 40mph-150mph acceleration.

The track video's will come soon. This was the first phase with this kit. Being able to make power and drive. Track is next. The green one we did will be a MMFF article around the road course at PBIR and 5.0 Mag will do the 1/4

Sesshomurai

STEVE@BBR said:
The track video's will come soon. This was the first phase with this kit. Being able to make power and drive. Track is next. The green one we did will be a MMFF article around the road course at PBIR and 5.0 Mag will do the 1/4

Steve, read the mag article. What is the timeframe for the track video's, data, etc. Eyeing this system eagerly, but cautiously too.
Also, what other base engine components on the Road Runner motor do you recommend upgrading (if any) for better maintenance and longevity?

Before I go with this system (IF), I will have done a CAI tune, Kooks longtube hpipe/nocats/muffler delete, Magnum XL conversion/direct shift/alum DS and carbon billet clutch[1].
That should be enough for NASA AIX or WC GTS class.

[1] http://store.kennybrown.com/product/drivetrain/billet-carbon-clutch-kit-50l-coyote-engine-tremec-t6060-or-magnum-direct-shift-26

TMO Supporting Vendors