The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

P-Springs and LCA's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just wondering for those of you that track your cars if you noticed a big difference with either the Ford Racing P-Springs and or the Lower Control Arm relocation... It's for a 2012 Laguna Seca that is mainly a track car..

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
GTMikey said:
Just wondering for those of you that track your cars if you noticed a big difference with either the Ford Racing P-Springs and or the Lower Control Arm relocation... It's for a 2012 Laguna Seca that is mainly a track car..

I installed both the P springs and the LCA brackets along with the FRPP tubular LCAs.
A noticeable improvement. Wheel hop was eliminated as well as torque steer from the flexible stock LCAs.

Mike, the P springs will lower the car and reduce brake dive and body roll compared to the stock springs. You'll want to add relocation brackets too. If you haven't installed stiffer rear LCA's you'll want to do that as well. Instead use your get out of jail card and go straight to CorteX and get the full monty.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=8905.0

Got it, sounds like something we should try on the car...

Headed to Thunderhill June 7th again, HOD event..

mmcguirk

Team Shelby Pacific Coast Region Director
GTMikey said:
did you go with aftermarket LCA's or use the stock ones with the P-Springs?

Mike

The stock LCAs flex big time. You should replace them with an adjustable arm with a bushing at the body mount and a Heim joint at the rear end. This will allow for great articulation of the rear suspension.

My cars all have this mods. It makes for a world of improvement on the track, especially the way you drive ;)

Michael

TMO Supporting Vendors