The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

P0010

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apex3V

Heel-n-Toe Enthusiast
Hey all, hoping any of you have some ideas what my problem could be. I switched out my midpipe a week ago to try and resolve a cel and get my car inspected and then throw the old stuff back in. This didn’t work at first and I replaced a very ground down o2 sensor and this threw my whole car in a loop. As soon as I did this it triggered something motorwise and threw the code p0010 and after 3-4K rpms the wrench light becomes illuminated and the car idles rough. Tomorrow I will be replacing the plugs and coils as I noticed some rips in boots and a cracked female connector on one of them. If this doesn’t work I’ll be replacing the cam position sensor. And if neither of These work I’ll be cracking open the cam covers and most likely switching out the solenoid in there. Any one know anything about this? (Ford 4.6 3v,75k miles, no tune) car ran fine up until now.

Apex3V

Heel-n-Toe Enthusiast
just an update for if anybody needs this in the future, today I replaced the cam position sensor, all 8 spark plugs and the VVT solenoid and none of this worked. I was fairly discouraged after doing all the work and nothing panning out and walked away for a bit. While out tonight I was reading on another forum where a bunch of guys had 3-5 more codes than mine but including the same one all having an issue with fuse 47 so I pulled it to check to no damaged fuse. I went down the row of fuses to just make sure and behold in the slot for fuse 49 was a burnt out fuse! I was probably the happiest I'd ever been seeing a burnt out fuse and quickly switched it out for a new one and started the car back up. as soon as I did the car started as it did usually and I let it warm up for half a minute then took it gradually to 4,500 RPM and held it for 5-6 seconds then dropped it back to idle gradually. It didn't throw a wrench light and idled fine after. I'm going to test drive it tomorrow but it looks like I did a bunch of avoidable work.1dNE35u.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors