The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

P0022 & P0022PD on track

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Was at ACS today all was well until mid second session where the car went limp mode on me on the main straight, corrected itself by the back straight (No CEL at this point) and went back into limp mode again in the front straight. Still no CEL. On the third session, lap 3, CEL appeared but didn’t go into limp mode, but power was reduced (I assume timing was being pulled). Well, pulled the codes and initially got P0022,P0022pd, and P0025…the 25 cleared, the others did not. Car seems to run ok, but sounds like a slight misfire every 30 or so seconds. Any ideas? I’m on the way back to Vegas now…

2016 GT350, no engine mods

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Phoenix
Was at ACS today all was well until mid second session where the car went limp mode on me on the main straight, corrected itself by the back straight (No CEL at this point) and went back into limp mode again in the front straight. Still no CEL. On the third session, lap 3, CEL appeared but didn’t go into limp mode, but power was reduced (I assume timing was being pulled). Well, pulled the codes and initially got P0022,P0022pd, and P0025…the 25 cleared, the others did not. Car seems to run ok, but sounds like a slight misfire every 30 or so seconds. Any ideas? I’m on the way back to Vegas now…

2016 GT350, no engine mods
I've been battling P0023,0022 and a whole list of others related to that closed circuit, sounds like a cammed "ghost tune" when it happens. I replaced the actuator plugs and the actuators them selves, and 20a #40 fuse kept blowing as well, I believe its related to the PCM. Problems went away until my last track day and everything popped up again along with the blown fuse. Replaced the fuse finished that day out and parked the car for 2 weeks. When I started it up no codes and when I hooked it up to the scanner no codes. I was hitting well into 8000rpm on the straights when CEL's showed up, maybe its something to do with the vibrations of the higher RPM's... Our seasons down here in Arizona is over till September, daily driving I haven't been able to get the CEL's back. So will have to wait till the fall. Let me know if you find anything else out

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel