The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

P0352 IGNITION SIGNAL COIL B FAULT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ugh new code. It finally got nice enough to get the Boss out today. Drove it this morning no issues. Went out this afternoon and got a CEL. I pulled the code and it was a P0352 IGNITION SIGNAL COIL B FAULT. It didn't stumble or run rough just threw the CEL and the DTC. I whipped it into the dealer to check it out since I'm planning to load it for BIR on Sunday and if I had a bad coil wanted to get it ordered and replaced in time. The tech tested the coil on cyl #2 and it checked out fine. They cleared the code and emailed Ford to see if they had any further instruction. I drove back to office and no code....yet but we'll see. Has anyone seen this one before? This is a new one for me but looks like it can be related to "misfires".

Oh no. How many miles do you have in it since the mods?
Code:

At least a few hundred or so plus it's been on the dyno and through several drive cycles. I don't think that would be related to the headers.....just guessing it's more of the same wiring issues that I keep running into.

That sucks. Hopefully you dealer/Ford can find the cause and fix tomorrow. That would be a bummer to go through the weekend wondering what is going on, when you need to be loading up to get ready for the track.

I told you in an email that my plan is to sway out plugs once a year and coil packs every two years. So far they have not given me any mis-fires but I feel these have a cycle time, at least for track type use. Sounds to me you have one that is not working intermittently.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
cloud9 said:
Ugh new code. It finally got nice enough to get the Boss out today. Drove it this morning no issues. Went out this afternoon and got a CEL. I pulled the code and it was a P0352 IGNITION SIGNAL COIL B FAULT. It didn't stumble or run rough just threw the CEL and the DTC. I whipped it into the dealer to check it out since I'm planning to load it for BIR on Sunday and if I had a bad coil wanted to get it ordered and replaced in time. The tech tested the coil on cyl #2 and it checked out fine. They cleared the code and emailed Ford to see if they had any further instruction. I drove back to office and no code....yet but we'll see. Has anyone seen this one before? This is a new one for me but looks like it can be related to "misfires".

Just replace the coil pack.

ArizonaGT said:
302S manual says to swap plugs every 6 hours of track use, FWIW.
Just put in new plugs early March but only a few hundred miles and no track days on them. Tomorrow I'm assuming he'll go through and test all the coils but Pete's right they probably should just replace the #2 coil. Presumably this can't be that hard to diagnose and fix?

LS110 said:
That sucks. Hopefully you dealer/Ford can find the cause and fix tomorrow. That would be a bummer to go through the weekend wondering what is going on, when you need to be loading up to get ready for the track.
Yea you know me too well already lol. Don't need to be worrying about this all weekend although other than swapping in the seat and bedding the pads it's pretty much ready to go. Not leaving until Thursday early afternoon so at least have some time assuming they isolate it to the coil and I can get enough drive cycles into it to know it's fixt.

PeteInCT said:
Just replace the coil pack.
Good call Pete. That's exactly what Ford told them to do this morning. Fortunately a dealer about 45 miles away happened to have 8 of them so they're getting one from them and popping it in this afternoon so I should be able to get loaded up this weekend. Apparently it's a different part # than the standard 5.0 which they would have had on hand. Not sure why this rural dealer had them but hey sometimes you get lucky.

TMO Supporting Vendors