The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Pacific Raceways Track Event Thursday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeattleBoss

TrackAttack 9-23-13
This Thursday Pacific Raceways in Kent, Washington will be the location for the Ride N Drive event. This is associated with the huge annual Mustangs Northwest Roundup next weekend. The event allows Mustangs (and other Ford powered cars) to take the track several times during the day with other drivers with similar skills and get a feel for the course where Ford nailed down the Trans Am trophy back in 1970.

The weather is perfect this week and it should be a great place to see some awesome Mustangs.

Boomerstoys

Keep the shiny side up & the rubber side down!
Thanks for posting SeattleBoss. But, until Pacific Raceways is made right (paving & run off) I'm not going to run there until it's fixed. Think the BMW Club and Proformance Racing School still have HPDE at Pacific but the Porsche Club and Turn 2 Lapping have moved many of their events to The Ridge.

I think the track is a challenging and very enjoyable/rewarding track. Can't tell you how many years I've driven this track but it goes back to my 2001 C-5. There are just too many areas that have become inadequate for the speeds attained by so many of our modern cars. When they repaved Turn 2 and made some other improvements I was extremely happy. But from what I heard, the repaving of the "kink" (turn 10) has not achieved the intended results.

Turns 5a, 5b, through 6 are flat out dangerous IMHO. I personally know many drivers in a variety of cars that have had what should have been "minor offs" that have resulted in major $$$$. The off-camber nature of 7 coupled with the pavement and bump along with the GLASS LIKE SURFACE OF 8 amount to a hand full. The asphalt at "the 7" (on line) approach to 9 is coming up and forces you to take a different line. The "bump/dip" at exit of 9 is worse and the 3a & 3b complex can be a nightmare if you drop a wheel at the wrong place. (don't ask how I know)

The track is MUCH CLOSER for me and just a blast to drive but until they actually follow thru on the promises made over the last several years I'll be getting up earlier and driving longer to enjoy my HPDE's.

Maybe others that have more complete information will chime in. I know Domestic Product is fairly active and an instructor so maybe he'll post some info.

The plus is we have several drivers that are coming out with their Boss, FR or GT. It's great to see AMERICAN IRON tearing it up with some Euro High Value Machines. There are some great drivers running these cars and it's a HOOT!

Hopefully this event will lead to more owners of these great cars coming out to dance.

Cheers!

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !
SeattleBoss said:
This Thursday Pacific Raceways in Kent, Washington will be the location for the Ride N Drive event. This is associated with the huge annual Mustangs Northwest Roundup next weekend. The event allows Mustangs (and other Ford powered cars) to take the track several times during the day with other drivers with similar skills and get a feel for the course where Ford nailed down the Trans Am trophy back in 1970.

The weather is perfect this week and it should be a great place to see some awesome Mustangs.

Hello Seattle Boss, all us Pacific NW Boss guys and girls need to meet up! I'm at this time not involved with the Mustang club. But that is on my list of upgrades! Plan on joining and being active soon. Pesky work keeps getting in the way. I think we need a Boss day at the triple X in Issaquah, just Boss's. We can start something new. Who knows what is hiding out around town.
The ride and drive sounds awesome, yes the track Pacific raceways, needs some TLC but it is still IMO one of the best tracks out there. Made in 1959 it is a old school track and they do not make them like this any more. As long as you have competent instructors that know the track you will be fine.
The hard core crowd (Boomer) wants to see Pacific step up and bring the course up to 2013 standards, that is the rub as we are talking major $. I would love it if it happens. In the mean time we have the Ridge, ORP and Portland in our sights all great tracks. We will even come down to California if we get desperate :)
We are running at Pacific in the BMW club and yes Proformance is running. I love the track as it is where I learned to drive at speed. So go enjoy the track and if you like track time there is no better introduction and instruction then you will receive in the BMW club and the Porsche club in my opinion. You will be welcomed no matter what car you drive. Yes I am a Instructor with both clubs and I drive a Boss at the track. Everyone loves it.

Domestic Product said:
We will even come down to California if we get desperate :)
But are you desperate enough for this? ;D

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=4378.0

Boomerstoys

Keep the shiny side up & the rubber side down!
Couldn't agree more with DP, Pacific Raceways is a great track and really a blast to drive but it's just a mess as it sits!

The BMW & PCA offer the best instruction value. These guys are VOLUNTEERS, NO PAY, JUST LOVE WHAT THEY DO!!!! This is on a National Basis. The Golden Gate Regions of both BMW & PCA are awesome (was a member of the Diablo Region of the PCA many, many years ago). If you haven't already, take advantage of what these clubs offer!

Laguna in August would be great but it's a long drive for just a day on the track. Cherries Jubilee and the PCA had done 3 days but I think this is history. Is there another track day on Sat.? Two days on Laguna would get my interest!

A Boss meet up in Seattle area would be great! I'm in provided it's in the afternoon. Mornings just aren't doable for me.

The parts guy, Brian, at my Ford dealership is really active with the Mustang Club so I'll have to check out some of their events. The Roundup is supposed to be huge!

Cheers!

Domestic Product

NFSBOSS said:
But are you desperate enough for this? ;D

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=4378.0

I would love to come down and drive. But this summer is full and my budget for car stuff is shot and then some. Boomer and I have talked about coming down with a group of us. He had his Boss down there last year. I think I will make it a goal for next year. Driving new tracks makes you a better driver as well as being a blast.

Domestic Product

The Rip said:
Count me in, Triple XXX would be fun, The Cougar Prowl is in a couple of weeks at the XXX and I intend on going.
Steve

OK, lets start a Pacific NW Boss group. Everyone interested reply and we will get a group together and meet up!
Oh and what is cougar prowl?

TMO Supporting Vendors