The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Packing list for track days

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveespo said:
cloud9 said:
steveespo said:
haven't worried about a rad cap, car has peaked at 206 degrees ECT on track 8)
Hit the go pedal harder Steve! :p j/k I must be a little aggressive ::)

I don't know Gary, maybe my "little" Coyote motor just isn't as high strung as your guys Road Runner jewels. Its only making 427 rwhp@ 7400 rpm. Also I run below 1000 ft and have done the "cooling mods" program. For some reason the car just doesn't run hot, it is a blessing not to worry about it.
I keep forgetting you guys are running at sea level. I was just yanking your chain anyway I hope you know ;) My buddy's GT which is modded very similarly to your also runs cooler than mine even with an intake/tune. I think he cuts off at 7200.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
PTRocks said:
I'll go with the 5W20 the Coyote motor uses as being the difference in running temps.
I run Mobil 1 0w-40 European Formula in my engine. Acts more like a 50 weight than the Motorcraft 20W-50.

Gary
I know you are just joshing, running at sea level definitely helps as does the oil coolers.
I have changed coolant twice and always use the Air lift vacuum tool to suck the fresh coolant into the engine and radiator, theoretically preventing trapped air pockets. When you changed your radiator did you vacuum draw the coolant in? I would think Ford does so at the factory but don't know for sure. Trapped air in a cylinder head passage will definitely cause hot spots and detonation.
Steve

orng302 said:
Adam, with that extensive list can I assume you are trailering?

Yes I trailer.......now. Everything on that list except the jack and jack stands will fit in the car no problem. I get most all of it in the trunk. Only my helmet bag rides in the back seat....

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
emcrace said:
I did not see Beer and cooler once.

6-pack (minimum) goes into my cooler for consumption after the sessions are done for the day...it is a necessity.

TMO Supporting Vendors