The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 PAE 2019 GT350R road race build Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PAEracing

Paul's Automotive Engineering
Supporting Vendor
couldn't buy a break in traffic
It was pretty terrible. I think there were a fair amount of people out there that just got their comp license the day before. So they were a bit nervous. But that FCY timing definitely didn't help AT ALL lol

racer47

Still winning after 30+ years
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
SE WI
Nice driving! It had to be hard to be that conservative / safe in traffic with a car that capable. Hopefully mr. deep pockets owner/driver can do the car justice.

Those shifts sound really harsh but it doesn't seem to upset the car at all. Whats the expected life span on those dog rings?

PAEracing

Paul's Automotive Engineering
Supporting Vendor
Nice driving! It had to be hard to be that conservative / safe in traffic with a car that capable. Hopefully mr. deep pockets owner/driver can do the car justice.

Those shifts sound really harsh but it doesn't seem to upset the car at all. Whats the expected life span on those dog rings?
In my car with making more than the rated power/tq, I've gotten 3 years since our last service and everything seems to be good. We get all of the internals REM polished and the tune is the really important thing. It definitely sounds harsher than what it actually is. I feel it as the driver but it's been tuned by the same person we've used to tune my paddle tuning.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Here's a link from this past weekend at VIR. This was the first race weekend with the car and the customer. The very last lap was a 1:54.2 lap time

PAE GT350R @ VIR
That looked almost boring, your guy is so smooth. I think it's time to suggest he install a headlight flasher relay :)

TMO Supporting Vendors