The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Pagid Brake Pads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darn, I thought I was going to be his first customer. :eek:

aa5ib- Do you track your Boss? How many miles on her? I have 22k on mine and havn't seen any reason to change yet. All the other mustangs I had I changed pads 2-3 times before changing rotors. Mine has only been street driven so far but sometimes I drive like I am on a road course if traffic permits.

darreng505 said:
Agree. I went from stock to HP+ front/rear and its an improvement. But on track they can't take the heat if you run hard and they will overheat and wear fast. I went to Hawk Blues and it's 10x better than the HP+. The initial bite of the blues is way more aggressive.

I have only 2 complaints about the blues after running through 3 or 4 sets on my other car. The dust is like nuclear fallout and will thrash your wheels, and they eat rotors. They are great if you don't mind those two things. I ran them street and track on that car, and they worked equally well on both. No other pad I have used is nearly as good at doing both types of driving, though obviously there are better for either one specifically. Blues are night and day better than HP+ and mine have always been relatively quiet on the street with just a few random squeaks every once in a while

That said, I'm ordering pads from Pete for the E30 to test out. I'm tired of scraping the wheels and the way the whole car looks like it is covered in a layer of rust. He gave me a good price, too. And it feels good supporting someone from the site.

Hambone said:
aa5ib- Do you track your Boss? How many miles on her? I have 22k on mine and havn't seen any reason to change yet. All the other mustangs I had I changed pads 2-3 times before changing rotors. Mine has only been street driven so far but sometimes I drive like I am on a road course if traffic permits.

Yep. I've been a member of Harris Hill Road since before it was built. Only 1200 miles (FJ Cruiser is my DD) on the Boss so far. Been to the track once in the Boss, then got hit on my bike six weeks ago so haven't able to get back. I could run several fast laps then I would have to do a few cool down laps to get the pedal back. Once the Pagids get here that I ordered from Pete then I will add the Speed Bleeders and change to Super Blue. No more fade.

aa5ib said:
Hambone said:

Yep. I've been a member of Harris Hill Road since before it was built. Only 1200 miles (FJ Cruiser is my DD) on the Boss so far. Been to the track once in the Boss, then got hit on my bike six weeks ago so haven't able to get back. I could run several fast laps then I would have to do a few cool down laps to get the pedal back. Once the Pagids get here that I ordered from Pete then I will add the Speed Bleeders and change to Super Blue. No more fade.
Don't forget to add the brake cooling ducts.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Yes. They make a HUGE difference in pad temps. Fronts will run cooler than the rears once you install them.

Don't forget to add the brake cooling ducts.
[/quote]

I figure they are a necessity. Our little playground is 1.82 miles around and doesn't have any real long straights so the brakes get a real workout.

trackmap-M.jpg

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
BossJockey said:
Pete, Does Pagid offer the S-line in the Boss's pad sizes? I looking for a pad with a higher cold friction level than the stock pads.

No, the S line has pretty limited applications. That said, the RS-19/RS-56 combination is very usable on the street where the pads don't heat up anywhere near where they do on the track. In general you'll find Pagid pads get very good bite, more than enough for the street, even when stone cold. I ran my Audi TTS as a DD for 3 years running the RS-19's front and rear (the RS-56 wasn't developed yet) with no issues at all, and that car was only 3200 lbs.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel