The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Pagid Brake Pads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I just received a set of Pagid pads.

RS29 front:

PagidRS29.jpg

RS56 rear:

PagidRS56.jpg

The rears came with some additional hardware:

PagidHardware.jpg

I'm guessing they need to be riveted on. Any tips/suggestions?

I'm running the same pads and like them a lot so far. I'm also running them on the street and they don't make hardly any noise so I'm leaving them on. Pete will have tips for the springs but you can thank me for getting them. :D I was surprised when I ordered mine they didn't have the springs so I contacted them and they are now included. I believe they will be installed on their next production run.

NFSBOSS said:
I'm running the same pads and like them a lot so far. I'm also running them on the street and they don't make hardly any noise so I'm leaving them on. Pete will have tips for the springs but you can thank me for getting them. :D I was surprised when I ordered mine they didn't have the springs so I contacted them and they are now included. I believe they will be installed on their next production run.

I also need to thank you for the heads up on Northstar's Black Friday sale. I couldn't resist 20% off and free shipping.

I'm using the same set-up front and rear with Girodisc rotors. Works great especially with some heat in the brakes.

My original pads shipped with no springs, and I've been running without it with no issues or squeak/rattle for street use. Just checked the set I got on sale and they have the hardware just like the photo.

Should I retrofit the hardware?

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Once the pads brake in they tend not to rattle in reverse. I'm not 100% sure if the springs have anything to do with it or not. I have installed the springs on my unmounted set anyway.

FYI - I have recently received the approval for a dealership for Pagid. I've been using them for years and was one of the first cars to use the RS-59's on the rear of the Boss. I am awaiting 2013 pricing which I should get this week. My intention I'd to offer a discount for all BMO users. I'll have more info soon.

PeteInCT said:
FYI - I have recently received the approval for a dealership for Pagid. I've been using them for years and was one of the first cars to use the RS-59's on the rear of the Boss. I am awaiting 2013 pricing which I should get this week. My intention I'd to offer a discount for all BMO users. I'll have more info soon.
Congratulations. 8)

PeteInCT said:
I'm going to go with the Pagids so please let us know when you are able to sell. I will be in the market.

PeteInCT

Connecticut
Thanks. Its an easy brand to endorse. There are a number of good pads out there but I don't think any possess all of the positives that Pagid has. Audi has won LeMons multiple times with the RS-29. I use either that pad or the RS-14 which has a little more early bite but lasts a little less. The biggest benefit of all of their line is you can run them very deep to the backing plate and they don't fail. I've done it many times ;D

LindsayEOD said:
PeteInCT said:
I'm going to go with the Pagids so please let us know when you are able to sell. I will be in the market.

Same here. Ready to buy as soon as you can sell them.

Are these pads streetable and suitable for daily driving? I'm still running on stock pads but I track at least once a month and I'm pretty satisfied with them.

I was considering trying Hawk HP Pluses all around when my stockers are gone, they are pretty well priced and seem to be an upgrade over stock. What would these compare to in the Hawk lineup?

PeteInCT

Connecticut
The RS-29's would be a good choice. Very streetable but much better performance & wear characteristics. I've used HP+'s in the past on my Audi TTS and found them harsh on the rotors and very noisy on the street.

BOSS5OH said:
Are these pads streetable and suitable for daily driving? I'm still running on stock pads but I track at least once a month and I'm pretty satisfied with them.
I'm using them on the street and they are fine. Much better than I expected actually. They work surprisingly well with low heat in them and are almost as quiet as the stock pads.

BOSS5OH said:
I was considering trying Hawk HP Pluses all around when my stockers are gone, they are pretty well priced and seem to be an upgrade over stock. What would these compare to in the Hawk lineup?
You'll get a lot of mixed comments on the HP+ pads but as a novice I can tell you they are a nice improvement over stock. I ran them with the stock rear pads and that combo worked fine. I don't think you'll need to use the HP+ on the rears if you go this route. With that said I'd go straight to the Pagid pads between these two options. The Pagid's stop the car as well or better and have a much higher heat rating over the Hawks. They are also MUCH quieter.

From what I have been reading, I guess its okay to use RS29's on the street? Are you guys using RS29's on the front and rear? Anyone try Girodisc rotors or rotors larger then 14"? Thoughts?

PeteInCT

Connecticut
RS29's are fine for the street but they are not available for the rear of the Boss, nor are they recommended. The proper pad is an RS56. PM me for more details.

Sesshomurai

NFSBOSS said:
BOSS5OH said:
I'm using them on the street and they are fine. Much better than I expected actually. They work surprisingly well with low heat in them and are almost as quiet as the stock pads.

BOSS5OH said:
You'll get a lot of mixed comments on the HP+ pads but as a novice I can tell you they are a nice improvement over stock. I ran them with the stock rear pads and that combo worked fine. I don't think you'll need to use the HP+ on the rears if you go this route. With that said I'd go straight to the Pagid pads between these two options. The Pagid's stop the car as well or better and have a much higher heat rating over the Hawks. They are also MUCH quieter.

Agree. I went from stock to HP+ front/rear and its an improvement. But on track they can't take the heat if you run hard and they will overheat and wear fast. I went to Hawk Blues and it's 10x better than the HP+. The initial bite of the blues is way more aggressive.

TMO Supporting Vendors