The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Pagid pads with used stock rotors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeattleBoss

TrackAttack 9-23-13
I just read the recommendations for bedding Pagid pads and I'm very confused. The first paragraph says something to the effect that they don't recommend using discs that are "pre-bedded" or have been used with any pads other than Pagid. Then in the 2nd paragraph they say their pads should be bedded on used but not worn out discs. These statements seem contradictory.

I have all stock rotors and pads with about 10,000 miles total and 2 track events on them. My rear rotors appear to have some bluish discoloration from heat. I have a track event coming up and would like to get the new pads in beforehand, but don't want to risk popping these in and not having any stopping power at the track.

Advice?

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Have the rotors clean cut at a machine shop. This is just a .003" cut to remove the top layer on the rotors. You will then have factory fresh surface ready to rebel any new pad. Costs me $14 a rotor at my machine shop. It's the best because the rotor is already heat cured from prior use and is more dimensionally stable than a brand new one, basically " heat cycled".
I find that with Carbotech pads the rotors don't really wear much at all. So cutting them can be done twice unless they crack first.
Steve

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel