The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Pagid RS-29 Brake Pads for the GT350

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saw this thread pop back up. It helped me when I was looking at Pagid pads last year for my S550 PP. Thought I'd throw this out there if others are doing research on Pagid pads...

I went with the RST-3 for my front pads, as it had a higher hot friction level, and the curve goes up or stays flat. I don't want the friction level to drop at the high end of the range! Anyway, these have good initial bite and work well, never any doubt on stopping power. I use the RS-29's in the rear. I've done 4~5 weekend HDPE events on them, and still plenty of pad left. I loved the PFC-01 compound on my old S197, and this RST-3 pad is the closest thing I've found to date. (Only other S550 comparison has been the Ferodo DSUNO - good pad, but not as much initial bite.)

Guess I’ll revive this thread for 2019, I’m currently looking to upgrade from OEM pads on my 2017 GT350. The Pagid RSL29 pads seem to fit what I need. The Pagid Racing website states the front pad 8239 is 17mm thick and the rear pad 8208 is 16mm thick. Is that information correct? My issue with the OEM pads is the short life, a new set of front OEM pads is 9.45mm thick, rear pads are 10mm. I’m lucky to get two track days out of my front pads. The OEM pads are far too pricey for 1.5 track days use. Can the Pagid RSL29 pads really last 7+ track days? They aren’t too thick to fit ok in the OEM brake setup? Thank you to everyone that posted prior to this sharing their experiences.

I’m pretty sure they are 10mm thick. They are only slightly thicker than stock and yes I got 7 days out of a set. I’m not very hard on brakes nor are the tracks in NorCal.

Thanks for the reply and information. My local performance shop has just signed on as a Pagid dealer. I will be going with the RSL29’s all around for my next set. I’ve decided that I will try to get some 2019 GT350 non drilled rotors to bed the new Pagid pads on. Rather than remove the Ferodo material from my OEM rotors. Once I’ve got some track time with the RSL29’s I will share my feedback.

Ahhhh, the drilled rotor debacle finally gets a reluctant Ford fix, in the 4th full model year!- I am planning on asking Ford to replace my Drilled rotors BEFORE they show heat cracks, which they will...My first copy of the car ( 3/2016 w/ Trackpack) showed heat cracks in the front rotors BEFORE I had even changed the front pads the first time..(Was showing 6mm OEM front pad life when heat cracks appeared) ...Ford eventually agreed with me and reimbursed me for cost of replaced rotors, although not for labor costs..I'll ask if they would like to send out some non-drilled rotors now, or wait untill mine fail and go through the process then..Meanwhile I will buy Girodisc set for the fronts, to swap out when cracks appear. 2019 OEM solid rotors will be decent "temporaries" for when Girodisc's need to be pulled off and get new rings..

Not to oversteer this thread a different direction than Pagid, but I'm running G-LOC R10 or R12's on the front and am very happy w? them, will go with Gloc R8 or R10 on rears when change required; OEM pads are shiznit if you actually track your GT350...

TMO Supporting Vendors