The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Pagid RST-3 Compound now available for the GT350 + Special Intro Pricing !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Tracking your new GT350 with stock pads ? With aftermarket pads that just aren't cutting it?

Pagid has just announced a second front caliper pad option for the GT350 - the RST-3!

Pagid's initial offering for the GT350 was the RST-29 pad - an excellent endurance race pad that exhibits significant wear and modulation characteristics over the stock GT350 pad. Also, because of its' low rotor wear characteristics it is a pad that can work on the street as long as it is bedded in properly.

Enter the RST-3! The RST-3 is a medium-high friction metal-ceramic compound containing steel and acrylic fibers and is therefore the perfect complement of the RST product family. It captivates by its low heat conductivity. The RST-3 has significant stopping power and heat handling capability over the RST-29 when used up front. For the GT-350, the RST-3 is a perfect companion to the RST-29 pad when used on the rear axle. More detailed compound characteristics can be found at http://www.pagidracing.com/products/racing-brake-pads/product-family-rst/rst-3.html

Racer Net pricing for the RST-3 8239 pad is $594.00, but special pricing which cannot be published here online is available for Track Mustangs Online members. Please email us at [email protected] for special pricing details!

Regards,
[email protected]

If I wasn't driving my car to and from the track I'd try a set.

VodooBoss,

I have used the RS-29, RSL-1, RST-1, RST-2, and RST-3 as front pads on my Boss. My personal opinion is that I would try the RST-3 even though you are driving it to the track. The brakes will squeal and dust more, but they are not unsafe for limited street use. I am also assuming you are using a sticky tire such as the Michelin PSC2. The RST line are a bit hard to modulate with street tires such as the PSS.

The RST-3 pads allow you to brake significantly harder than the RS-29 given equal pedal pressure. This will allow you to go deeper into brake zones.

I am not recommending the RST-3 as a true dual purpose street / track compound. My opinion is based on the assumption you would be willing to swap front pads before heading to the track. With that in mind, I have not experienced any issues switching between Pagid compounds on the same set of rotors.

Of all the compounds, the RST-1 is my favorite. But, it is also the most extreme sprint compound Pagid makes. I have been very surprised at the noticeable increase in friction levels and fade resistance as you move between the RST line with the RST-1 the most aggressive, followed by the RST-3, then the RST-2. All are a dramatic change in initial bite and overall friction level compared to the endurance compounds.

My order of preference for the RST sprint compounds are the RST-1, RST-3, and then the RST-2. For endurance pads, I prefer the RSL-1 over the RS-29 for more initial bite.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel