The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Painted Engine Bay Parts color matched Grabber Blue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I decided to get some customization going under the hood. Since my wife and I decided to leave the engine performance pretty much alone on this car, I had to get the mod bug out on something ;) So I had a few parts painted to match and installed them a few days ago.

Painted OEM GB: Radiator cover, battery cover, master cylinder cover, OEM fuse box cover (and the OEM strut bar was painted a while ago).

Here are a few pics :)

photo43_zps0fd94ec9.jpg

photo12_zps81ce5b04.jpg

photo42_zps24132344.jpg

photo32_zpsdf08cdd3.jpg

photo22_zps8150f633.jpg

photo14_zps3ecee9db.jpg

That's the great thing about cars. You can do whatever makes you happy to make things unique. Personally I think it's a tad too much blue.

Maybe get a set of reflective hood stripes off of ebay and match your stripes on the inside to break it up a bit.

I'm the same way though. Probably won't mod the motor until warranty is up. So everything I've done on my GB is cosmetic to make mine unique. Boss T Springs, LS Spoiler flat black, black vinyl roof, CDC front grille, Roush lower grille, custom Blue Autobot floating grille emblem, blacked out the faux gas cap matte black with Plastidip, Plastidipped the stock wheels until I can find something unique I like that isn't on every mustang that won't take a new mortgage to pay for.

WorldFamousZ said:
I decided to get some customization going under the hood. Since my wife and I decided to leave the engine performance pretty much alone on this car, I had to get the mod bug out on something ;) So I had a few parts painted to match and installed them a few days ago.

Painted OEM GB: Radiator cover, battery cover, master cylinder cover, OEM fuse box cover (and the OEM strut bar was painted a while ago).

Here are a few pics :)

photo43_zps0fd94ec9.jpg

photo12_zps81ce5b04.jpg

photo42_zps24132344.jpg

photo32_zpsdf08cdd3.jpg

photo22_zps8150f633.jpg

photo14_zps3ecee9db.jpg

Pretty Cool and creative

I just did mine with some trim black, turned out fairly well as far as I'm concerned. Took quite some time to get the stripes to match the hood perfectly. Now if I could figure out how to post a picture I could show it.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Didn't see your new mods. I didn't look around much except for the LamboStang
13584140555_b95248f0f5_c.jpg

Cobra700 said:
Really like how the radiator shroud came out. My only concern would be the paint cracking or flaking off.
I don't think I've seen many with issues like that. I'd expect it to hold up pretty well.

TMO Supporting Vendors