The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

painted my engine bay brace.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

recently had a paint company make me up some aerosol cans with the base coat. i was worried it would not match but it was as far as i can tell a perfect match for the sby.

it did take an entire can to get good coverage for the brace but the end result is a better/cleaner looking engine bay. thats my opinion obviously.

it does have clear coat also over it that was also shipped to me in a aerosol can. worked out very well.
IMG_0685.jpg

ill have to take a few more pics later. some storms came rolling through so i put it back in the car hole...sorry for the not so good pic

It looks fantastic and I've been thinking about doing something similar but leaving the ends silver. Can you tell us how you got the matching paint in a spray can?

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/choosecolor/choosecolor.aspx?year=2013&make=Ford&model=Mustang

this is where the paint came from. they even have trim colors.

I like it. Thought about doing it myself. Now that I see yours I think I will. In race red of course. Gives it a nice custom look. Maybe leave the ends silver or white to match the stripe.

drano38

Wayne
5 DOT 0 said:
It looks fantastic and I've been thinking about doing something similar but leaving the ends silver. Can you tell us how you got the matching paint in a spray can?
Rick
I've heard auto paint supply stores can put paint in a rattle can. Suggest checking with local stores.

TMO Supporting Vendors