The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Painting hood and strips

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

No but I keep thinking about removing the hood decal and will probably do so soon.

I was wondering about removing the silver stripes on a 13 black LS and putting on the standard 13 black stripes. Anyone tried this yet?

blk12svt said:
I was wondering about removing the silver stripes on a 13 black LS and putting on the standard 13 black stripes. Anyone tried this yet?

I am not getting a Black LS, but I was thinking about this exact thing the other day. Personally I think it would look awesome. Maybe a little too subtle for a Boss, but awesome nonetheless.

szlachcic22, Agreed. I am a fool for black with black stripes. I was patiently waiting on a 13 Boss but wife decided she would like a new, stripe delete Shelby, so before she could change her mind I pulled the trigger on a black 12 in January. So, now the Boss will have to wait a while longer... I am currently addicted to the whine of 550 supercharged hp, so I don't want to trade the Shelby, but if I do get a Boss I will go for a matching black LS and have the black stripes applied.

If you are getting a SBY LS you gotta have black stripes. Still can't believe Ford would throw history to the wind and put silver stripes on Orange :eek:

TMO Supporting Vendors