The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Palm Beach Florida - help?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic

Grant 302

This picture makes me wonder what is up with the kick panel, or if there's damage behind it:
30051177003.340187701.IM1.20.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

CarFax can be seen here:
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?endYear=2012&listingId=340187701&listingIndex=4&Log=0

I'm up hear Jacksonville, so I'm probably about four hours away.

If I end up down that way at some point and the car is still there I'll let you know, but there is probably somebody alot closer than me.

Grant 302

Berol said:
I'm up hear Jacksonville, so I'm probably about four hours away.

If I end up down that way at some point and the car is still there I'll let you know, but there is probably somebody alot closer than me.
Just 4 hours? 8) I'd have to be *paid* to drive that far! :) But if you happen to be down there, I'd appreciate if you'd take a look.

SoFlaBoss said:
The cover for the smart junction box can be seen in one of the other photos, of the open trunk.

Thanks! That makes sense. I didn't realize it would look like that with the panel out.

Guarantee you had airbag deployment and replace and rail damage to at least right side. If it was repaired properly no worries, but I would want to see insurance companies complete estimate and total repair amount. It obviously didn't total it, but only way I would buy it would be in person after having it on a lift and pulling the front cover.

KissMyBoss said:
Guarantee you had airbag deployment and replace and rail damage to at least right side. If it was repaired properly no worries, but I would want to see insurance companies complete estimate and total repair amount. It obviously didn't total it, but only way I would buy it would be in person after having it on a lift and pulling the front cover.

What he said. Plus it wouldn't hurt, if possible, to get the name of the shop that did the repairs and do a little research on their reputation.

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
My guess from that photo is that there is structure that was not repaired properly and thus the reason for the cover being in the trunk. Also, why in the hell would you not replace the kick panel that was OBVIOUSLY damaged during the repair? This is what I don't get about repair shops. There could be all sorts of twisted metal under that thing but if they just replaced that $40.00 part, a buyer might not know (Except all of us looking under there for repair quality!!!).

John

Grant 302

YellowBoss said:
https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=4212.0

Saw they lowered the price a couple of days age, it was 32,999

Noticed that and I've been watching the car since you posted that thread. I've been wondering why it's taken them so long to drop the price.

The kick panel isn't that easy to get back in place since the pop pin connector on the front side is pretty long. It *is* suspicious that the panel is in the trunk. No too concerned that the front airbags deployed, but I am interested if there was any frame or unibody damage and where that damage is located.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Maybe I just need to take a look for myself. $320 r/t flight isn't too bad.

I live very close to there.

That cars been there for a while. My buddy looked at it and said it rough if I remember correctly. I just sent him a text. I'll get back to you when he responds. Call my tomorrow if you want. 561-436-4427

Tony

Grant 302

thebull said:
I live very close to there.

That cars been there for a while. My buddy looked at it and said it rough if I remember correctly. I just sent him a text. I'll get back to you when he responds. Call my tomorrow if you want. 561-436-4427

Tony

Did your friend get back to you? If it's rough then I better not waste the money or effort investigating.

Grant 302

ArizonaGT said:
Dude forget that car and get a '14 302S! I can't afford it, but I think you can!

'Afford' is always relative...If I get the S, I need to *add* a tow vehicle too which I just don't have the space for. Not to mention the trailer that I would also need to store off-site. If there were some way I could justify it to myself, I'd only have to convince my wife! ::)

If I gut a street Boss, I can also enjoy it legally on the street. At least that's the current plan. And it still sounds more fun than doing the same to an '05 or '06 GT...

He said its beat up and the interior is rough (he's super picky). That company is know for not negotiating the price. They sell a ton of cars and usually never move off the asking price. I might have time to sneak by there tomorrow. PM your number and I'll call you from there.

TMO Supporting Vendors