The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Palmer Motorsports Park videos from 5/8 event

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
Palmer was fun today - personally, I loved the track. Limited runout, but excellent flow and a real driver's course. I ran my "new" conti scrubs for the 2 afternoon sessions and had a blast. My phone acted up most of the day, so the only clean laps I captured data/video on were 1.59 (shameless youtube link below :) ) and I'm highly confident I got quicker by the end of the day as the track layout worked it's way into muscle memory. I'll go back - hopefully they get the dirt washed off the track and plant some grass so we don't have constant dirt blowing back on.

Good day - and excellent driving to the other guys who were out there (Matt - you toss that Boss around so well... maybe I'll keep pace one of these days!)

Pete - hope you figure out the tires...

[youtube]https://youtu.be/D4GIzXoy_Y0[/youtube]

Thanks for the video. I like the way the track appears to flow, as well as all the elevation change. I bet it would be amazing in a full race prepped, high grip car. The basically non-existent runoff and concrete barriers are concerning though, but that won't stop me from going sometime. Will likely be an 8/10ths track for those of us without a cage or a large cash jar set aside for body work. Stay safe out there!

Just got done unloading from the Palmer track from yesterday. What an awesome track. Great flow and challenging. Can't wait to go back. Derek great job out there yesterday. The track is a cross from a road coarse and a hill climb. What happened to Pete? Best lap of 1:53.127.
Matt

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
mustangmatt said:
Just got done unloading from the Palmer track from yesterday. What an awesome track. Great flow and challenging. Can't wait to go back. Derek great job out there yesterday. The track is a cross from a road coarse and a hill climb. What happened to Pete? Best lap of 1:53.127.
Matt

Nicely done out there Matt - wish my data worked for the last session as I started to get the line down... oh well, next time!

Pete said his car was real loose all day with the Conti's he had. Like they picked up dust every time they heated up some.

I would like to see a bunch of grass there to keep the dust down. Once that track gets sticky it's going to be real hoot!!

When are you headed back Matt?

TMO Supporting Vendors